Skip to main content

Ice Road Truckers After Hours Lives

More
15 years 3 months ago #7054 by huppypuppy
Hi all,

I was searchin' the web last night and I came across a couple of websites relating to to Ice Road Truckers, Alex Debergorski, Drew Sherwood and Rick Yemm - for anyone who doesn't know what Ice Road Truckers is, it is a documentary run on Network 10 which follows the 2 month pilgramage up and down the Canadian Ice Roads by 6 truckers, Hugh Rowland, Drew Sherwood, Alex Debergorski, Rick Yemm, TJ Tilcox and the other bloke's name eludes me at the moment....

To visit Alex, Drew and Rick's websites, go to:
Alex: www.iceroadtrucker.ca/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
Drew: pigpen2007.piczo.com/?g=49322634&cr=5
Rick: www.rickyemm.ca/

Drew's website isn't as elegant as Alex or Rick's but it does tell you a bit about Drew and has some magnificent pictures from both Seasons 1 and 2 and a selection of Season 1 Reunion photos.

Enjoy!

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #7055 by
I see the third season has just started to be shown on TV last week (Overseas, not in Australia yet)

This time it is filmed in Alaska .

Sadly, I didn't see any ACCO's hauling in the fleet

-Stuart

More
14 years 11 months ago #7056 by huppypuppy

I see the third season has just started to be shown on TV last week (Overseas, not in Australia yet)

This time it is filmed in Alaska .

Sadly, I didn't see any ACCO's hauling in the fleet

-Stuart

Stuart,

I feel we can all change that - let me get onto Alex and the crew and I'll tell 'em about the legend that is our ACCO! Only kidding mate - we need all the ACCO's we can get our hands on for restorers!

Alex owns a petrol International R190 tipper so if that can brave the cold, the ACCO most certainly will!

Joe

More
14 years 10 months ago #7057 by JimmyDodge
Hi all,
I have just seen the first three episodes of "Ice Road Truckers"
As Stuart aka VK3AUO , has stated it is filmed in Alaska.
This time the drivers have to drive on the "James W.Dalton"highway between Fairbanks and Deadhorse , Alaska.
This would be a treacherous stretch of road in fine weather , but in the middle of winter and in snowstorms this would be a real "sphincter tightening" drive.
This series makes the first two series seem almost stuff for "girly men"
The steep descents and the sheer drops off the side of the road make for compelling viewing, so does Lisa Kelly,a Kenworth driver and not to bad a "sort " ( in my opinion anyway!)
I hope this comes on regular telly soon , I am sure all you truckies will find it very interesting , as I did and I am just a man who owns a truck!
regards Harleigh.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds