Skip to main content

My Turn for Whats It

More
13 years 2 months ago #46310 by Daninmky
Ok here is my first What

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46311 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
Dan - I'm going to go for an early (post-WW1) DUPLEX 4x4 truck? However, the wheels aren't right. These trucks had wooden spoke wheels, and those steel wheels don't look right, with the upright steering column position, which is indicative of the WW1 era.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46312 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
I think it's a White from 1925 - 26.
Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46313 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
Maybe a Lynn ?

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46314 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
I'm with Ray, it's a White. A couple of pics of a similar one in Gayndah, The chassis is a bit of a give away, apart from the top of the radiator.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46315 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
Cam, if it's a White .. how can you explain the Duplex driveshaft over the top of the front RH spring, and the huge front hubs, that makes it a 4WD?? .. or am I seeing a track rod, not a driveshaft? .. ;D

1925 Whites have a regular (later design) steering column position. The upright steering column went out by about about 1922/23.

The winch truck you've posted the pics of above, is a homebuilt, not a factory job. It has a straight RSJ/UB chassis, and the early drivers compartment/cab and engine, have been mounted in the custom frame, along with later model axles. You can see the U-bolts/tiebolts holding the cab platform in place.

1925 White truck .. www.desertclassics.com/Sold3/White25truck.html

More
13 years 2 months ago #46316 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
Well Ron, I was a bit surprised to see a RSJ type chassis myself, though the bloke who is looking after the red truck told me that it was standard for a White. The picture you've got on the link is for a little 3/4 ton model, check out the rear axle on the red one, it's a bit bigger. The red one also was reputed to have come from White Motor corp after the 1974 flood in Brisbane, apparently they wern't to worried about getting it going again, though where White were at Coopers Plains I don't know that it would have gone under, though I'm not sure. It was origonally one of Burt's Transport from Kilcoy. The Gayndah Museum reckon they will restore it. The radiator certainly looks "White".

More
13 years 2 months ago #46317 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
Hi Folk
Yeah its a White, I have photo's of the rear diff and rims etc and will post them when I power up my laptop.

Noice work gents ;)

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 2 months ago #46318 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
All

The first truck pictured is a WHITE - it stands in the Clermont (CQ) Museum - and has WHITE on the radiator tank.

It is a 4 x 2 not a 4 x 4. It has a main and joey transmission with the bell housing twisted into two pieces.

The chassis is patched in a number of places - all indicating to me it had a hard life subjected to loads way above its design.

How do I know - I helped put it there!!

Oldfulla :'(

More
13 years 2 months ago #46319 by henryox
Replied by henryox on topic Re: My Turn for Whats It
heheheheheh

cant fool around with oldfellas

Rob

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds