Skip to main content

wuntwak watzit

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57819 by
wuntwak watzit was created by
ok heres one for the tractor guru,s and i dont know???? there is no id on it from memory. power is c model ford 4 cyclinder `1933-4 but looks to be a repower

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57820 by
Replied by on topic Re: wuntwak watzit
geeeeeeezus what a jigga that thing is

"head only a mutha could luv" :D

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57821 by
reckon there,s the odd search engine up on the goveners about now!!!!

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57822 by
The lights are dim here kirky, reckon swishys got the kero goin in a gallon an hour ;D ;D

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57823 by
Heh heh, you sure know how to pull out the "oddballs", dont ya, grenfell? Ya got me on this one. I'd say there's every possibility it's a lot older than 1933/34. I'd estimate early 1920's.
The reason being, it has a timber main boom sheeted with plate, and it's all riveted. Electric arc welding started taking over about 1923, when electrode fluxes were perfected.

At a WAG, I'd have to say, Cleveland, Barber-Greene .. or maybe even Blaw-Knox. Whatever, it's a real collectable, and I'm surprised the HCEA hasn't grabbed it for their collection.

More
12 years 9 months ago #57824 by ozfarm
Replied by ozfarm on topic Re: wuntwak watzit
bay city ?

seen a piccy of the same thing in me 150yrs of IHC

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57825 by
ron im not an earthmovin bloke but this thing facinated me when i spotted it to me 2 things stood out the c motor repower and the tracks especialy the grossers?????

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #57826 by
Kirky, the flat cast grousers are common on equipment that doesn't need track chain traction, or where the machine is used on paved surfaces, or easily damaged surfaces.
A crawler tractor needs lots of traction to drive itself along, either towing an item such as a scoop or pushing a blade .. but a shovel only needs a firm base to sit on while its working, it doesn't need traction.

A lot of early shovels, particularly the steam shovels, were set on rails, and they laid a temporary line up to the face or cutting, and loaded rail trucks via another parallel temporary line.

It's certainly a very unusual item of shovel equipment, in that its very small, and that it has no house. Having no house indicates a cheap and lightweight shovel, and I'd guess the bucket is only about 1/2 or 1/3 cu yd?
It certainly has a lot of Bay City features about it, but I don't believe Bay City built a shovel that small.

More
12 years 9 months ago #57827 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: wuntwak watzit
I can see it's "rustin" but there's a pommie breed ruston-bucyrus or some thing similar sounding that resembles that beastie.
If it is the right hand clutch (hand operated) works with a left hand foot brake and vice versa, real mongrels to operate.

Trust me

More
12 years 9 months ago #57828 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: wuntwak watzit
I dunno what she is Kirky...
i reckon i could make it even rarer though!! :D :D :D
chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds