Skip to main content

Change of ownership in the west.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59676 by Morris
Can anybody on the west side of the paddock clear this up?
I recently met a young pommie on a working holiday visa. He bought a resonably late model Landrover from a yard in Perth and was told it would be worth a lot more over east because of its W.A. rego on the basis that you do not need any type of roadworthy check to change ownership in W.A.

Is that true? (the roadworthy check, not the worth more)

I think the dealer saw the Pom coming because he has spent over $4000 on it in the few weeks since he bought it. He botted some cable ties from me, to fit the headlights, as they had been held in with wire and were coming loose!

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #59677 by
Morris - Yes, the vehicle ownership transfer info is correct. There are no annual roadworthy checks in W.A., and the only time a vehicle has to undergo a roadworthy inspection is if ..

1. The rego (licence in W.A.) has lapsed for more than 3 months (used to be 1 month).
2. You've bought a vehicle from any other State (and its still registered in that state), and you want to (have to, actually, after 30 days) register it in W.A.
3. If you have received a yellow sticker (unroadworthy vehicle) for any reason. You get 10 days to fix it and then get it inspected.

If you have lived in any other State for 12 mths, and have had the vehicle registered in that State for 12 mths or more, in your name .. then no inspection is needed, and the vehicle can be transferred onto W.A. plates with just some paperwork.

When any vehicle is sold and the rego transferred to another W.A.-address person, no inspection is needed.
A vehicle cannot be transferred on a W.A. registration, if the purchaser does not possess a W.A. MDL. If the buyer has an MDL from another State, the transfer will be refused.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds