Skip to main content

Rockin' in the New year with Detroit Diesel !

More
15 years 3 months ago #6550 by JimmyDodge
G' day all,
here's a little party starting tune to get your New Years eve party started the RIGHT way!
OK there's a couple of small problems, it's about the "4 stroke " diesel , eek ! and the lyrics , well they're a little USA cheesy, but Hey ! ignore that and get the party rockin'!
I feel sorry that no one has felt inspired to write a song about a Cummins or Cat engine , or even a Perkins or Volvo , or Mercedes or Neuss or MAN diesel, but I can understand that, ::)
Anyway download this and your party will be a big hit with you and your fellow revellers! ;)
Have a Happy NEW YEAR ALL!
Best regards Harleigh.

mtudda.com.au/mp3/Detroit_Diesel_Song.mp3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #6551 by
Hi Jimmy what great song i really like it it's sure foot tapping but the next one should be these drivers who cant drive a crash box i reckon that should make good music. Dave ;D :D

More
15 years 2 months ago #6552 by huppypuppy
Harleigh,

Downloaded it a while ago! I absolutely love it!

Joe

More
13 years 3 months ago #6553 by JimmyDodge
G'day All , I gave this a run last year , and no one ran with it ::) but with all the Detroit / Cummins rivalry on the forum at the moment, ( which I love !) I thought I might give it another go . I am sorry, it must be hard to write a song to find something that rhymes with "Cummins"...bring it on boys ;D
Happy New year everyone
Harleigh

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6554 by ianoz
What are you talking about Harleigh ,the pupster thought it was great ... O ,I thought it was great last year ,but musta forgot to tell ya .. . Hey swishy ,i will help you with the lyrics for your song for chocs

.Sittin on the side of the road in my transtar
Wishin my crappy cummins hadn't let me down..... again wishin i'd alistened to swishy and bought that sweet sounding Detroit diesel . ;D.....Ian .
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by ianoz.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6555 by Chocs
watch this space
the chocs is onto it.. 8-)

More
13 years 3 months ago #6556 by Chocs
The Cummins Powered Transtar...by the Chocs...

Sing it to the Slim Dusty Tune...leave him in the long yard..

Well they built it in the seventies, maybe seventy three or four
but seventy one, was closer to the mark
it was fitted a Cummins, nine over and forty fours
it was hard for passers by, to ignore

chorus:
It was a Cummins powered Transtar he was passed by
He

More
13 years 3 months ago #6557 by melonreo
no no no no no choc,s youv,e got it all wrong its the DETRIOT that turns diesel in music ;D

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6558 by newto

no no no no no choc,s youv,e got it all wrong its the DETRIOT that turns diesel in music ;D

no,no,no,no melon...you're real close in what ya said,but its a long time known fact that detroits turn fuel into NOISE!.....NOISE melon,NOT music.......

thats why detroits are known as the most efficient converters in the world.....convert fuel into NOISE.....

no need to thank me for the correction........ ;D
cheers,
newto
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by newto.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6559 by newto
hope this works.....this is the "hummin cummins song " from 1976.

" www.youtube.com/v/FpEgxkWNlls

click on link (i hope) to hear it.

the reference to "reserve power" was a marketing thing in the 70's when cummins started pushing the higher horsepower 350/400 engines instead of the normal 270/290's......(and of course they left detroit behind in a cloud of noise) 8-) ;D

cheers,
newto
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by newto.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds