Skip to main content

New Server

More
9 years 11 months ago #142145 by olddon
New Server was created by olddon
Congratulations on switching to your new server.Since the changeover,I have found that when I sign on, everything loads and switches a lot faster.It is a definite step in the right direction. Cheers Don :) :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #142146 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: New Server
Yes, job well done fella's. I see you've made some changes too, like new members having to register by email. I take that its to help curb the undesirables?

More
9 years 11 months ago #142147 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: New Server

Yes, job well done fella's. I see you've made some changes too, like new members having to register by email. I take that its to help curb the undesirables?

I don't think that is new ,When I registered in 2009, i got an email to give me the password to be able to log in with .

More
9 years 11 months ago #142148 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: New Server
I just noticed the "Register" link was gone, and the rolling message up top says to send an email to the HCVC to register.

More
9 years 11 months ago #142149 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: New Server
It was noticed as part of the move that the new user registration was using excessive bandwidth, the theory was it was due to the undesirable elements trying to register to spam us.

So until a more efficient automated system can be found and made work with the forum it is back to a manual method by the moderators. If this works out to be an unmanageable workload on these people the automated method may become active.

In the meantime we apologize for any delays registering new users

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 11 months ago #142150 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: New Server
Good work fellas

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds