Skip to main content

Trying To Find Eaton 5 Speed Parts

More
9 years 9 months ago #145746 by Mastiff540
I am trying to find parts for my 5 speed Eaton that is out of my Leyland Mastiff.

I have been told that it is a SMA-542 and need -
2nd&3rd Gear
2nd&3rd Syncro
And some bearings and seals. I have all the numbers off the parts.

So far I haven't found anyone who has the parts for that particular box but some places are looking around. So does anyone know someone or someplace who might have them?

Thanks, James

1980 Leyland Mastiff 540&&1942 V8 Ford Jailbar 3 Ton&&1982 Volkswagen Kombi Transpor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #145747 by jon_d
Bedford buses had Eatons.

In Bedfords, 475 are SMA's direct drives, and SMO are overdrive.
And the 542 were SMFT direct and overdrives were SMOT or SMOX

Maybe try ACW Bedford in Bayswater.

I'll send you a PM with another contact, Adrian. He's another bloke with lots of Bedford bus parts.

jd

More
9 years 9 months ago #145748 by kenny-mopar
A bit off topic but a lot of Mastiffs were factory fitted with 10sp RR boxes .. ( my old one was) maybe one option if you can't find the parts for your Eaton

More
9 years 9 months ago #145749 by Mastiff540
I stripped my uncles old rusty Mastiff for spare parts and it was fitted with a 13 speed road ranger. I was going to buy it from him for a spare but I forgot to tell him and my uncle put it online for sale that same day and 3 hrs after listing it, it sold.

1980 Leyland Mastiff 540&&1942 V8 Ford Jailbar 3 Ton&&1982 Volkswagen Kombi Transpor

More
9 years 9 months ago #145750 by jon_d
James, I forgot to mention,

ACW only respond to emails about parts.... don't bother trying to ring.

regards

jd

More
9 years 9 months ago #145751 by Mastiff540
Ok will do. Thanks

More
9 years 9 months ago #145752 by Mastiff540
So far I haven't found anything but a guy in Violet Town who bought most of Power Trains stuff thinks he will have the parts, He just has to find them in his shed first.

More
9 years 5 months ago #145753 by wannawagon
I needed a 2/3rd syncro hub assembly for my SMOT box a few years back - The indent springs had failed on the old one - common failure - I was able to find one at Toowoomba wreckers but that was the last one - million phonecalls. Not sure if they might have gears and if they are the same?

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds