Skip to main content

Rear engine mounts for 1965 Dodge truck.. Help!

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #25914 by shan2576
Hi.. I am new to this forum so be kind ! I have a 1965 At4 318 V8 353 Dodge truck . I need to find 2 rear engine mounts. I have been to all the usual spots. Even thought I had found it but , when it arrived, was for a 354.
Surely these thing can be rerubbered/ vulcanised. Or does anyone have one( down the back !!)? Shan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25915 by Sarge
Shan, it would help to know where you are....

Midlands truck (spares) wreckers in Bendigo may have some pre loved ones and Wagga tractors often has that sort of thing on ebay... worth a phone call

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25916 by atkipete
Wagga Truck and tractor is it ? They seem to have a lot of old IH and Dodge stuff.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25917 by shan2576
Hi.. Yes have tried Wagga Tractors.. he was great but in the end,. it was the part for a 354 which is very different. Thanks for your suggestion though. Why can't these things be rerubbered?? Seems a shocking waste to be throwing out large machined parts.

I have a lead from a guy in Queensland who is sending one down. Oh , I do hope it is right... DO NOT need to do a blue slip and only have a couple of weeks left.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25918 by shan2576
Sarge.. I am in the Southern Highlands.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25919 by bigcam
I've had the engine mounts in my Diamond rerubbered, a bloke at Rocklea did it. My mate organized it, and seeing as he had done some work for the bloke, he did it for free. I dont know when I'll see Frank, but I'll get the blokes name and number. They looked like new when they where done.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #25920 by shan2576
Oh Big Cam... you have done it!!! I have found a company called Queensland Rollers and Liners @ Rocklea and they revulcanize engine mounts. Have sent them an email and should be able to get on to it on Monday.
Thank you all so much for your help in the forum.
( And they said I would NEVER find one!)
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by shan2576.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #25921 by cribotow
hi there shan m8 if they no good i think i got wot u want u mean the cross member mounts? i have some of them ;)

&&Grasp

More
14 years 6 days ago #25922 by shan2576
Thank you guys... They have come back from Rocklea.. 5 days turn around and the look just as Big Cam said.. " Brand new".. The company was Queensland Rollers and Liners @ Rocklea. QLD. Thank you again... but now ther is another problem!! See my new post re exhaust manifold.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds