Skip to main content

Want a snorkle or two but I am located in the US

More
14 years 3 days ago #27634 by Freighttrain
Anyone down under willing to deal with someone in the US?I am looking for a snorkle for my GMC General.Only has one air cleaner but I am tempted to install a dummy on the left hand side.One of those accesssories you never see on this side of the 3rd rock and think it would look pretty good even if only one functions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27635 by atkipete
Happy to help anyone with an old truck, do you want to put up a photo or two so we know what you are after.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27636 by Freighttrain
Looking for either one or a pair of the pipes comming off the air cleaner and the top scoop/Snorkel.I currently only have one air cleaning on the truck but looking at ways to install a 2nd even if it would be a dummy just for looks.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 days ago #27637 by Swishy

FT
Gudday M8

Sme again
LOL
I'd imagine U take the top hat off aircleaner
measure diameter of inlet
go to u're U Bute Exhaust shop
grab sum chrome pipe of desired length n diameter
slit the end in a few places so it clamp down hard on A/C inlet
then fit the air ram on top

Bingo = Dun

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 3 days ago #27638 by bigcam
That GMC you've got has got the same sort of air filter they used on the old R model Mack, and Superliner with the V8 in here. They are easy to make the riser pipes for, see if someone can post a pic up of one. All you need is the correct diameter pipe, usually in aluminium, and then they had 3 stays made out of 10mm round bar that went back to the bolts that hold the air cleaner lid on.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27639 by Freighttrain
Thank guys.I was thinking about exhaust but wondered if it would be too heavy up there whipping around.But if you guys use it down under then I doubt it is too heavy.From some of the pictures I have seen,a lot of your good roads outside of towns are actually like some of our back wood dirt roads here.Your trucks take a lot more of a beating.I also thought about looking for cabover intake snorkels but on this side of the world a cabover is a hard thing to find and even harder to find parts for.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27640 by bigcam
Here's a couple of Macks.

The Western Star's and Road Boss's have a hump hose, then stays coming off the cab, which is a lot harder to do.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27641 by Freighttrain
I love that first one especially the placement of the "Whoppy light" as a buddy of mine calls them.

14 years 3 days ago #27642 by
They are a Donaldson part. Why don't you guys have them over there ? I took them off the Mack as they let too mutch water in out of the truck wash. And rusted the arse out of the air cleaners and at $600.00 each.
6" ones look the best.......

More
14 years 3 days ago #27643 by Freighttrain
I'll contact Donaldson and see if they can help me before I go cutting up good stacks.Don't know about why we don't have them here other than most truckers want shinny smooth stuff.They try to make their rig pretty.If I want pretty,I will find me a redhead with Double Ds.I want my truck to look mean and ready to work.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds