Skip to main content

Want a snorkle or two but I am located in the US

More
14 years 3 days ago #27644 by Freighttrain
well,DUHHH on my part.Went over to the donaldson site and there everything sits.Don't I feel stupid now.Thanks for the assist.Now to measure today when the sun comes up and contact donaldson about pricing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #27645 by paul404
theres no dumb questions here mate. thats what this place is all about. youve been pointed in the right direction which= another happy camper :)

More
14 years 3 days ago #27646 by Freighttrain

theres no dumb questions here mate.

stick around....I will prove you wrong! :D

More
14 years 3 days ago - 14 years 3 days ago #27647 by werkhorse
as an old timer told me, on my very first day of my apprenticeship, ....and I quote.......
"your better off lookin like an idiot asking questions.........than a total F*#kwit after you haven't."

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 14 years 3 days ago by werkhorse.

More
14 years 3 days ago - 14 years 3 days ago #27648 by Freighttrain

as an old timer told me, on my very first day of my apprenticeship, told me ....and I quote.......
"your better off lookin like an idiot asking questions.........than a total F*#kwit after you haven't."

well,I think I fit in both catagories most of the time.Also I will leave you with this for now.There is nothing more dangerous than a redneck with a problem,a roll of duct tape,and a great idea.And it is time to run when said redneck ask you to hold his beer and watch this S**t. 8-)

I did use bailing wire to hold what was left of my spare tire rack on after it fell down with no tire offroading and got crushed as a backed up.....same truck I kept a screw driver on the dash so I could start it cause the solinoid didn't work 50% of the time.....and the left head light lense was held on by duct tape after the glue let go. ;D
Last edit: 14 years 3 days ago by Freighttrain.

14 years 3 days ago #27649 by
I am Quite guilty of borrowing a length of a cocky"s (farmer) fence wire to tie up something to get me home
and back again and again...........

More
14 years 3 days ago - 14 years 3 days ago #27650 by werkhorse

Also I will leave you with this for now.There is nothing more dangerous than a redneck with a problem,a roll of duct tape,and a great idea.

Oh ya wanna start talkin bodge jobs aye........geez where do i start........drove 1200 km's with a piece of army twine connected from the dash to the drain cock in a K104 as the govener valve had shit itself, had to drain her on the run every couple of K's ...............drove the ol SAR KW for over a day and a half with my twitch pipe as a gear lever and the stick/knob sitting on my lap.............also drove her round with 2 bits of string attached to the wipers as the air wipers wouldn't work......not easy at 100km/h with the wheel in one hand and string in the other trying to see more than the end of the bonnet..............used a battery op'd drill to spin the alternator round on her as well when the battery shat itself,took a while but was better than sitting there all night.....and a bloody cold one it was.......pulled many a diff or G/Box out with a chain, twitch and tyre on the side of the road. Even replaced one side of a set of Hendrickson beams with only a 14lbs hammer, chisel, twitch, chain, blocks of wood and a bottle jack..............after having to chain it up and get back to flat ground........took 2 1/2 days though.

........so it seems there is a little "redneck" in all of us aye ;D ;D ;D 8-)

All I can say is......what ever gets ya home.....

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 14 years 3 days ago by werkhorse.

More
14 years 2 days ago #27651 by ianoz

as an old timer told me, on my very first day of my apprenticeship, told me ....and I quote.......

well,I think I fit in both catagories most of the time.Also I will leave you with this for now.There is nothing more dangerous than a redneck with a problem,a roll of duct tape,and a great idea.And it is time to run when said redneck ask you to hold his beer and watch this S**t. 8-)

I did use bailing wire to hold what was left of my spare tire rack on after it fell down with no tire offroading and got crushed as a backed up.....same truck I kept a screw driver on the dash so I could start it cause the solinoid didn't work 50% of the time.....and the left head light lense was held on by duct tape after the glue let go. ;D

Hey Freighttrain , Thats sounds like situation normal round here :).Ian .

More
14 years 2 days ago #27652 by Adrian
Guilty your honour!
A loaded agi broke the two top springs in the hendrickson on one side. Jacked the chassis, wedged a block of wood between the bottom of the rail and top plate over the "centre bolt", let 'er down and away she went. Obviously warned the driver to take it very easy for the next two loads, but saw out the pour with no dramas.
Sometimes you just have to do these things to keep things going! ::)

More
14 years 2 days ago #27653 by GM Diesel
Hey Freighttrain....Once you get your twin intake snorkles on the GMC we better send you over a decent bullbar for it and a box of blue singlets...give your buddies something to talk about :D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds