Skip to main content

Wanted - Cabin to fit UD Nissan CMA86

More
14 years 2 days ago #27688 by Hobbit
Hi, I've got a UD Nissan CMA86 which has been stored for some years in Qld, and needs a Cabin transplant to put it back on the road. Does anyone know of a good Cabin for sale to fit a CMA86 ? Presumably the CMA87 or the International N1630 or N1650 would also fit without too many problems, as they were almost identical ?!?
Has anyone experience of fitting a different type of Cabin ? Presumably it is possible with some modification, the biggest nightmare being wiring if the Cabin is from a different type. Someone also told me of a Coachbuilding company near Melbourne that bought new "Cab and Chassis" Trucks, and they removed the Cabins and sold them off as they were not wanted. Anyone heard of this ?
Ideally it would be best if I could find a good UD Nissan CMA86 or 87 Cabin. Any information or advice to the best way to go about this is welcome. [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #27689 by kennymopar2
id be going for the original type of cabin ..(if you can get one for the rite price!) . . . . i have seen a later model cab fitted to one but i dont know what is involved . . also you have to consider being a old truck is it viable $$ as by the time you buy a cabin /fit the cabin then register the truck ..a decent one already registered may not be much more .. last year i bought a CPC14 overdrive turbo registered with no rust for 10gs

14 years 2 days ago #27690 by
Hobbit - Here be what ya need .. but I don't like that "POA" where the price is supposed to be .. >:(
This generally means they size ya wallet up, by the sound of ya voice, as soon as ya ask about a price .. then they think of a number, double it, and then hit ya up .. :o

japtruck.ihub.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx...=2738591&TabID=92254

More
14 years 1 day ago #27691 by bigcam
Hi mate, the CMA 86/87 has a 790mm chassis width, and the later model MK 185/235/240/265 has a chassis width of about 860mm, so the later cab isn't going to go on with out some sort of modification.

More
14 years 1 day ago #27692 by kennymopar2
ive dealt with "japtruck" a few times ..they are as helpful as a fart in a bathtub (2 seconds before your missus is about to join you :'( )

14 years 1 day ago #27693 by
Yeah, that's the attitude I've got from most of those Jap importers. What gets ya, is that they steal most of the stuff .. the Japs would scrap it otherwise .. but when you want to buy an item off them .. it's gold lined .. ::)

More
14 years 1 day ago #27694 by kennymopar2
yeah ive rang the suckers for parts i need they hastily say havnt got em and hang up ..then i wander down (if no-one else has the parts) and they usually have them ..they just dont give you the time of day or return ph calls . . unless they see dollar signs (or at least your wallet) :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #27695 by cribotow
Found a cabin, will this fit? not sure if its the right model
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/dodgeAT4towrestoclearsale018.jpg?t=1273492465 ;D

&&Grasp

More
13 years 11 months ago #27696 by atkipete
Wrong voltage Cribby, UDs are 24 otherwise it would be ideal.

13 years 11 months ago #27697 by
Atki

I think it might have a prickly engine in it to or is it a thorny one, some digging around would need to be done before it could be transplanted.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds