Skip to main content

"the truckies"

More
13 years 11 months ago #28374 by aussie l plate
about 10 years ago, the ABC puy together a documentry called the truckies,it focused on two owner drivers, and the battles they faced,
would any one have a copy of it, i have tried the abc, but keep getting told they cant find it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28375 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: "the truckies"
Gday Aussie,
Give this number a call. It's a long shot. A very long shot... but worth a try maybe. 03 9526 3300. Ask for Joe Connor. Tell him what you are after, see if he can find something for you, or suggest where to look!
He is a film producer / director, and I happen to know he worked on The Truckies a very long time ago.
I'll be interested in seeing how you get on, keep me posted will you? It may be a complete waste of time, but you never never know etc.....

More
13 years 11 months ago #28376 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: "the truckies"
well ABC have it in the Archives the name of the show was "The Truckies" Broadcast: 5/4/2001
Writer/Director: Stephanie Bates
Producer: Mark Chapman
The Truckies follows the lives of two long distance owner-drivers. A husband and wife team, John and Ann Shostacki and a lone man Chris Little.
www.abc.net.au/tv/documentaries/stories/s259271.htm

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
13 years 11 months ago #28377 by damo
Replied by damo on topic Re: "the truckies"
i think there was another series on the abc in the late 70s called the truckies, we use to watch it as kids, any body else remember it, they use to call the female hitch hickers road moles, how things have changed now!!!! damo :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #28378 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: "the truckies"

i think there was another series on the abc in the late 70s called the truckies, we use to watch it as kids, any body else remember it, they use to call the female hitch hickers road moles, how things have changed now!!!! damo :D

Ahh.......I believe we've done that topic on here already.........somewhere in ther archives.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 11 months ago #28379 by Rob365
Replied by Rob365 on topic Re: "the truckies"
Hi Aussie l,

I taped this back when it screened and have to say I replayed it many times since. Still have tape but VHS machine died recently - bugger!

I too wanted to obtain a copy or DVD of it for keeps and the music in it was pretty good too.

I'll never forget watching Chris and John at a roadhouse taliking about the "steep" price of diesel at 77 cents a litre (!).

John was featured in Ownerdriver magazine a few months back also. Quite a character and sure calls it the way he sees it.

Anyway, hope you source a copy. Let us (all) know how you go, i'd be a buyer for a copy if they're on sale.

Cheers

Rob

More
13 years 11 months ago #28380 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: "the truckies"
Got work back from ABC HO.

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the above program which was broadcast on the ABC."
"Due to copyright restrictions this program is unavailable for sale as the ABC has broadcast rights only; thus restricting ABC from selling the material."

I will keep looking. :)

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds