Skip to main content

185mm Inside Dia intake hoses

More
13 years 1 month ago #48002 by makeminea2stroke
Hi, Got amate with a 6V92 in a Austral Tourmaster looking for some rinforced intake hoses, need 3 X 185mm Inside Dia., 90 degree elbows.....1 X 185mm straight joiner, think they also calls these hump

Seems like an unusual size from my google efforts. But I really have no idea.

Anyone got any idea on sources or even what brand filter housing setup he might have?There is two of the on the Austral setup, he doesn't think it is Donaldson due to the sizes of the piping

Thanx
Glen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 1 month ago #48003 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #48004 by
Replied by on topic Re: 185mm Inside Dia intake hoses
It sounds to me like he's got standard 7" Donaldson intake hose, which is 179mm in metric .. but the old hoses have probably stretched a little.

There is very little by way of intake/aircleaner components here, that is of American or Aussie origin, that is not Donaldson.
Austral would almost certainly have used Donaldson, particularly on a Detroit.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48005 by kelvin12
G'Day All,

Many thanks for the replies here, I am the mate 2 stroke was asking about the intake hoses for. Been meaning to join this forum for a while now so finally did.

Donaldson don't seem list these hoses, checked this via local truck dealers here at Coffs. Primary pipe is 185mm (7-1/4) odd size. While secondary is 155mm (6"), this one seems OK from one of the links posted above from the US, but the 185mm is a problem. 7" is the closest to this one. Not sure the hose would stretch that far over the pipe, they are pretty solid to go that far.

>:( :-X

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 1 month ago #48006 by Swishy

Kelvin
Gudday M8

Welcome to the Forum

take the tube where the hose has to fit, to the 'U Bute air intake Hose Store' n try the 7" it should slide on with the help of a leading edge n sum soapy water

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 1 month ago #48007 by kelvin12
Bit hard to do with the 7" elbows. Nothing available here in Oz according to the people I have contacted, seems to be available in the US but not here for some bloody reason. 6" is OK. Still hunting locally but looks like an email to the US might have to be the go.

Dirk

More
13 years 1 month ago #48008 by
Is the actual pipe O.D 185mm or are you measuring the I.D of the old hose? Like Onetrack said it could just be a stretched 7" hose.

Aero in Melbourne supply 7" 90

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #48009 by
I've never come across 7

More
13 years 1 month ago #48010 by kelvin12
No definitely 185mm and this is at its minimum sizing its a rolled and welded aluminum tube but the elbows seem to be spot on that measurement as well. Can't see the elbows being stretched from 178mm to fit as this stuff is pretty hard. But then again I can't see a special order being made just for this odd size. I think I'll go with the 7" and flog the hell out of it to fit. The secondary pipe is rolled steel tube so 6" elbow is OK. Found a place, Qld. Diesel that stocks 7" and 6" so will give them a ring tomorrow. If all else fails then I'll have to make them up myself in fibreglass and lag it heavily. I can avoid the exhaust pretty easily so should be OK in that regard. Even been thinking about exhaust tube, mandrel bends or donut bends if they do 7" but I think that's also an odd size for them.

Dirk

More
13 years 1 month ago #48011 by Bugly
Instead of trying to make the hose up to 185mm, why not adapt the pipe down to 175mm?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds