Skip to main content

1967 C 1300 clutch what size and where to buy

More
12 years 8 months ago #61308 by Tamborineman
Hi guys anyone know much about the clutch in my old truck its a 1967 with 6 cylinder motor its got AGD 240 13133 stamped on motor block,
I been ringing around and one place had some listed for D line inters but not C model they wanted to know how many fingers, size etc , i only have the truck a few weeks so dont have a clue.
The clutch was ceased when i got it , but we were able to get it unstuck but now it operates but slipes , maybe i can put new linings on any ideas
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #61309 by
Try here
stores.ebay.com.au/Wagga-Tractor-and-Tru...?_trksid=p4340.l2563

My local tractor place gets clutches and pressure plates rebuilt in Adelaide.

Trevor

More
12 years 8 months ago #61310 by Aussiehooker
try your clutch linkage for free travel if to tight it will slip you may be lucky enough to get a couple of footy seasons out of it yet cheers don

More
12 years 8 months ago #61311 by Tamborineman
Thanks guys will have a try, i had a look and lining is breaking up so needs replaced i will have to plull it out and see if i can get it re-linned as you suggested Thanks

More
12 years 8 months ago #61312 by damo
hi mate
you can google highway brake and clutch here in vic on the net, they list a lot of clutches for inters, they list gear box imput shaft size ,number of splines ect so you may be able to match one up, hope this helps damo

12 years 8 months ago #61313 by
Tamborineman - The C1300 uses a Borg & Beck, 11" diameter, Heavy Duty, model B.A.I. - HD, 11". The manufacturers number is 11-RT.

This same clutch is fitted to all these International truck models ..

C-1300, C-1500, C-1510, C-1600, CM-1300, CM-1500, CM-1510, CM-1600, C-1300 4x4, C-1600 4x4.

This is a single dry plate clutch, that uses 3 fingers for disengagement, and has 12 springs for clutch engagement.
The colour of the springs used in this model clutch is black, and they have a free length of 2.788", and under the test pressure of 150-160 pounds, they should measure 1-11/16" long.

There are four critical measurements to check and get correct when re-installing this clutch. They are .. pressure plate to flywheel surface .. release lever to pressure plate surface .. release lever to flywheel surface .. and back plate mounting surface, to pressure plate surface.

Let me know if you want all the clutch specs and diagrams scanned and posted here.

More
12 years 3 months ago #61314 by tonym
I just bought a complete clutch assembly, flywheel ground. $438 From Wrights Clutch Service, Lismore nsw. Mine is for a c1300 IH.

If you can't afford a Dodge

More
12 years 3 months ago #61315 by tonym

I just bought a complete clutch assembly, flywheel ground. $438 From Wrights Clutch Service, Lismore nsw. Mine is for a c1300 IH.

Can we have the specs please. I am just about to reinstall.

If you can't afford a Dodge

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds