Skip to main content

Jones Bros Carriers

More
10 years 9 months ago #120443 by werkhorse
Anyone know anything about Jones Bros Carriers originally a pale blue colour I believe doing general freight then in the 70's changed to Orange with a brown stripe doing Heavy Haulage. Got a guy writing his biography, not a truck driver but a factory worker, looking for info.

Werk

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #120444 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Jones Bros Carriers
They were a blue colour back in the 60's and from memory they used to have red signage on the doors.The i/s ones were the same.

More
10 years 9 months ago #120445 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: Jones Bros Carriers
They where located at Pavesi St Guilford. (I think #41-45). Yes ,Grey then later Orange livery.

More
10 years 9 months ago #120446 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Jones Bros Carriers
worth mentioning also in Pavesi st Guildford is where ( maybe they still do) make "thermotruck" brand truck bodies .. started by a Russian feller Glebb kondakoff

More
10 years 9 months ago #120447 by olddon
Before they went to Pavesi Street,their depot was in Wetherill Street Lidcombe (Silverwater),next door to W J (Billy) George.

10 years 9 months ago #120448 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jones Bros Carriers
g'day all .. according to some mid-sixties Peterbilt info i have (Jones Bros operated a sleeper cab 352) they went by the trading name of ''Santa Fe Equipment'', of 37-39 Pavesi St ...

....the name ''Jones Bros'' appears to have come along a little later....at least after 1967...idstbc

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
10 years 8 months ago #120449 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: Jones Bros Carriers
Morry Jones of Jones Bros Carriers. yes they were in Wetherill St Silverwater.next to Billy Georges yard. Original fleet colour was all light brown with dark brown guards. 1960 saw the colour changed to lightblue. A white panel on the doors had JONES BROS Carriers in red. The fleet was registered to SanteFe Equipment for tax purposes or what ever.They carted a lot of aspros back from Melbourne for Nicholas Aust. amoungst other stuff. Morry Jones was one of a kind, as was Fred Howe of Petersham Transport.

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
10 years 8 months ago #120450 by olddon
It is a while since I heard of Fred Howe of Petersham Transport.I knew him well,and it was sad to see how his company ended up.

• BillyP
More
10 years 8 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #120451 by BillyP

Livery light and dark brown.
..........................................................................................

Livery .....light blue. white on door with red writing.......
Jones Bros .........Wetherill St Lidcombe ..1960.
My first paying trailer job............Bottom pic.............

.....................Billy...................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by BillyP.

• BillyP
More
10 years 7 months ago #120452 by BillyP
When you applied for a job at Jones Bros, Morry, who was a man of few words till he got to know you would say ,lets see your licence.If this was ok he would say ,come here to the office window and pointing to a prime mover would say put that under that trailer and back it down the yard into the loading dock.Leaving the mover jacknifed at rightangles to the trailer.Then come back to me .If you did it to his satisfaction he would say when can you start. If not it was good bye charlie.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds