Skip to main content

1971 Hino Tray Truck

More
10 years 9 months ago #122146 by millview41
Does any one out there have any books or other type of information on this old girl . The engine needs tuning and I don't know where the injector pump should be set and the tappet clearances the pre-heaters etc. Any information would be gretefully accepted . :-? :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122147 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: 1971 Hino Tray Truck
G'day what engine is in it?? I can have a look on monday and see if I have any tune info but need to know the engine model.

Jon

More
10 years 9 months ago #122148 by kenny-mopar
im guessing it would be the old ec100 engine ? if its blowing a lot of smoke and not running proper be careful they had a bad habit of the valve seats getting recessed ..also breaking cranks ... the later (& interchangable?) eh700 was the donk that cured many of the early hinos) it your motor is the EH300 it wasnt as troublesome

10 years 9 months ago #122149 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1971 Hino Tray Truck
g'day millview .. Hino in Australia were looking for their oldest jigger a few years back....yours would have to be in amongst that lot of earliest survivors....see if you can quote the ch/no......cheers mate

More
10 years 9 months ago #122150 by indianman
G'day sorry for the late reply but I come up empty handed :-[, thought some of my old tune up books may have had some info but Hino doesn't get a mention til the early 80s

Jon

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122151 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
my Hino on NSW 'Historic plates' is a 1980 model and is a KL300 model. Are you sure it's 1971. Anyway could you put some pics up?
I have a parts book for mine including engine but sorry no tuning info and I don't have a workshop manual. mine is the EC 100 engine, that goes fine and I don't flog it.
if it was the EC100 engine I know a wreck I have been buying parts off and the injection is still on it and you could buy it as it and bolt on maybe?
Sorry cannot be of more help at the moment.

Kind Regards
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122152 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: 1971 Hino Tray Truck
This is the oldest one Hino found in Australia and was for sale around 18 months ago.
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1325824213

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #122153 by millview41
Replied by millview41 on topic Re: 1971 Hino Tray Truck

G'day what engine is in it?? I can have a look on monday and see if I have any tune info but need to know the engine model.

Jon

How and where can I find out what Engine she has got , all the markings on the Engine I can find are marked as HINO .
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by millview41.

More
10 years 8 months ago #122154 by indianman
G'day most japper stuf had a sticker on the rocker cover or the inlet manifold or maybe the engine number may hold a clue :-?.

Jon

More
10 years 8 months ago #122155 by millview41
Replied by millview41 on topic Re: 1971 Hino Tray Truck
I shall have a look at her but as she is very well covered in oil it should be reasonably easy .
Thanks .
Peter .

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds