Skip to main content

Some Forum issues

More
4 years 2 months ago #206973 by dno
Some Forum issues was created by dno
Is there any chance of getting a previous or back button added to the bottom of the last post ?

You can see the problem in the above pic, there is no way you can go back one page, due to the page number being covered.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206976 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Some Forum issues
Good job mate, I’m probably blind but I can’t seem to find a date so I know whether to reply to a message I’m of good at looking for the fine print, I don’t know if a post is 2 years ago or 2 weeks , thanks Jim
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927. Reason: Information and spelling!

More
4 years 2 months ago #206983 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Some Forum issues

Rattail 1927 wrote: Good job mate, I’m probably blind but I can’t seem to find a date so I know whether to reply to a message I’m of good at looking for the fine print, I don’t know if a post is 2 years ago or 2 weeks , thanks Jim

In the grey line at the top of each post is the subject of the post followed by the date.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
4 years 2 months ago #207000 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Some Forum issues
dno: turn your phone sideways. I don't know why it works, it just does :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno, Rattail 1927

More
4 years 2 months ago #207003 by Gryphon
Hi,

the reason it works is that modern websites dynamically re-arrange themselves(called responsive design) depending on the device screen size they are being viewed so you can have the same web page display on a phone or a desk top computer.

Different devices and browsers do things slightly differently so the results are not always consistent and there could be an issue with this Forum software also and all that comes together to have some elements from overlapping each other which is what is happening here for threads with a lot of pages.

Turning the screen sideways re-arranges things differently and thus you can select the page you want.

As for a 'Back' button your Browser should have a 'button' that allows you to go to the previous page that is independent of the web site you are viewing.

Terry

More
4 years 2 months ago #207005 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Some Forum issues
I just clicked on Quick Reply" to see how it differs from "Reply"

I am none the wiser.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 2 months ago #207009 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Some Forum issues

Morris wrote: I just clicked on Quick Reply" to see how it differs from "Reply"

I am none the wiser.

Morris, Quick reply is text only, whereas reply lets you; insert images, use smiley faces ;) write in Bold or Italics plus other features...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
4 years 2 months ago #207019 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Some Forum issues

Gryphon wrote: Hi,

the reason it works is that modern websites dynamically re-arrange themselves(called responsive design) depending on the device screen size they are being viewed so you can have the same web page display on a phone or a desk top computer.

Different devices and browsers do things slightly differently so the results are not always consistent and there could be an issue with this Forum software also and all that comes together to have some elements from overlapping each other which is what is happening here for threads with a lot of pages.

Turning the screen sideways re-arranges things differently and thus you can select the page you want.

As for a 'Back' button your Browser should have a 'button' that allows you to go to the previous page that is independent of the web site you are viewing.

Terry

Thanks Terry, l was meaning a back like as one page or previous page button. But all food if turning the phone works.
Thanks to all, that make the forum great.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
4 years 2 months ago #207233 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Some Forum issues
Two questions or reports.
One. A couple of minutes ago, I was merrily reading posts and replied to one. The number of green notifications almost doubled and I looked around the screen and noticed the greeting at the top said "Welcome Terry" and that I had last logged in at 9.25 yesterday.
I have been called a lot of things in my life, some starting with A and some with C but never Terry, I was not on the forum at all yesterday and at 9.25, I was at an appointment with a Doctor. I logged out and back in again as me.

Two.
A couple of days ago, after typing a long reply, I clicked on "Preview" and saw something I wanted to change. As I expected, it would not let me do so in preview but the original message was not visible for me to alter. It did post when I hit "Submit" but the reason for previewing was so I could edit.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 2 months ago #207250 by Gryphon
Morris,

On issue One that is something that has been happening occasionally and very infrequently in the past few months where somebody will suddenly assume the identity of some one else, and in this case looking at the times I thought you became me as I was logged in around 09:25, but then I realised I was using Gryphon and not Terry. Logging off and back on is the best way to fix it as you found, but when i get a chance I will have a look at it and see if i can work out why it is happening.

For Issue Two I will have a look at it and see if I can recreate the situation.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds