Skip to main content

Dodge in waiting

More
10 years 3 months ago #135691 by JollyGreenSlugg

JollyGreenSlugg, You may ask , Berrigan NS W

Thanks Mairjimmy, I didn't want to be nosey, but I thought it doesn't hurt to ask. Just down the road from me, I'm in Junee. I wonder if it'll ever get a chance to be restored?

Those wheels look like an 8 stud version of the 6 stud wheels I have on my '42 Inter K5. I'm still trying to establish whether they're a particular military spec.

Cheers,
Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #135692 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Dodge in waiting
Matt,

That Dodge is one of an order of several hundred D-60 Dodges delivered directly to the Australians (not via an English order) in the Middle East. They were shipped home when the troops came back to the Pacific theatre.

They came with the both single wheels (same as the Blitz wheels) and with 7.50 - 20 dual wheels. Most were just 3 ton tray back but quite a number had turntables and semi trailers. They are a very good machine with 2 speed axle and were extremely popular in service and in later civilian use. Many had tippers and grain bins fitted.

[IMG

This semi is interesting in it has the standard 10.50 tyres on the front but looks like 9.00 on the rear, maybe to gear it down to pull the trailer or reduce the trailer angle so it does not hit the chassis going over a gutter?

[IMG

This one is interesting. Taken in Sydney 1943. Note most of the trucks still have their desert paint while the front one must have been through the workshop and received its Pacific green colour scheme.

[IMG
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Lang.

More
10 years 3 months ago #135693 by Lang
Here is a complete one with the 7.50 duals for sale in Dalesford Vic. There is another in Caboolture for $100.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/daylesford/cars-...her-truck/1026272399

Lang

More
10 years 3 months ago #135694 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Dodge in waiting
when my parents sold our farm in 1977 there was a 1942 Dodge and a 1937 Chev both in working order in the shed the Dodge was still regestered and still went to Dalby (200km each way) 4 times a year to bring back sorgum and corn to mill for the dairy. Don't know what happened to them but none of the other machinery was moved or started since the place was sold

More
10 years 3 months ago #135695 by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHere is a good one on eBay Brisbane

10 years 3 months ago #135696 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge in waiting
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Here is a good one on eBay Brisbane

and the postage is only $20 ::)

More
10 years 3 months ago #135697 by JollyGreenSlugg
It's a fascinating machine. Any idea if it might become available?

Cheers,
Matt

More
10 years 3 months ago #135698 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Dodge in waiting

It's a fascinating machine. Any idea if it might become available?

Cheers,
Matt

The situation with it is, bought at clearing sale about 10 years ago and when towing home it blew 2 tyres and was left on this farm, .The farm was sold shortly after and the owner of truck has since past on, there is a son of the owner, I don't know him and I think the owner of the farm wants it gone, I could maybe get a phone number

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #135699 by JollyGreenSlugg
G'day Colin,

If I may, I'd be very interested. Thanks very much, I appreciate your time. I can be inboxed here easily enough.

Being interested in the history of Australian National Airways, I've long been a fan of this;

[IMG

Cheers,
Matt
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by JollyGreenSlugg.

More
10 years 3 months ago #135700 by Lang
At the risk of stealing Colin's thread, that Dodge van (or its twin brother) is in Brisbane, seen occasionally at displays but not with ANA markings. If you want to start an ANA or general airline vehicle thread it might get a good run.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds