Skip to main content

Back in the day

More
10 years 6 days ago #142207 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Back in the day

Both cheated with the tail lights, and used those from the model before.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

The entire rear was carried over from the FE/FC utes.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 days ago - 10 years 5 days ago #142208 by
Replied by on topic Re: Back in the day
I saw the old photo and someone said it could have been taken at Kangaroo Flat. I happened to have to go up to Bendigo yesterday and took these 2 photos of a Tower that I'd wondered what it originally was..............is it the remains of the building in the 60's photo?
My photos were taken about 400 metres north of Bunnings on the Calder at Kangaroo Flat.

Taken from the median strip

Taken from across the Dual Carriage way

More
10 years 2 days ago #142209 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Back in the day
Dazza, it it the remains of the Rocklea Spinning Mills factory, demolished after it had been closed for a few years, maybe about 6 years ago.. It used to cover the whole site that is now a new shopping centre.

This was the tag on the picture at the start of this Thread.
Another pic of the Ordnance Factory built Cement Kiln Section out the front of the Bradmill factory in Kangaroo Flat. This section of road is a little bit wider these days.....

You can just make out the tower at the left behind the tree between the truck and the mighty useful Police car.. ute ;D. Rekon that would have been popular for night shift and getting a few bunnies... :o

Roders, you will need to polish off ya specs, definitely Kangaroo Flat, the gum trees, Sugar gums, were the avenue of honor for each of our local soldiers... trees all gone now, supposedly replaced?????? :-?

And the Ute, would have been kept in Melbourne, at Dawson st, just in case some local bloke actually used it.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.654 seconds