Skip to main content

Gateway Bedford (Vic.)

More
9 years 11 months ago #142876 by Roderick Smith
Gateway is a produce-sales outlet, just before the divergence of Melba Hwy & Maroondah Hwy, east of Lilydale (Vic.). This Bedford is parked at the front, as an eyecatching advertisement to capture the passing tourist trade. That Vic. numberplate 'NE...' must be original, making it 1940s. Is it an O model?

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

140419Sa Coldstream (Vic.). Bedford. R Smith.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #142877 by Thunder Down Under
I'd say definately an 'O' model Rod, with the Aus Commonwealth cab.

TDU

More
9 years 11 months ago #142878 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Gateway Bedford (Vic.)
The O Model has the short bonnet (2 long and 2 short vent spacing) so this one is an M (3 long vent spacing). The Cab from the firewall back was made by Holden, probably from Chev pressings.

More
9 years 11 months ago #142879 by Roderick Smith
Thanks both. Either people heading to Yarra Glen in November should stop by, or an alert organiser phones the owner, and invites him to attend (complete with all the advertising panels on the sides of the tray fences).
About 1 km from the junction on Maroondah Hwy (north side), there are two AEC half-cab buses in a field, needing a telephoto lens for a proper view. In pouring rain, I didn't try.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

9 years 10 months ago #142880 by
Replied by on topic Re: Gateway Bedford (Vic.)
Hi Rodders that truck was from a fruit orchard in Warrandtye Vic and sold and ended up with a HCVC member and went Moe where I had a drive of it .

It is a 1950 -51 MS Bedford .

In time it was sold to the present owner and now it only drives up & down the d/way what pity . Dave

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds