Skip to main content

International D1310 Dual Cab Restoration

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #152499 by JonteB
G'day, my best mate and I purchased this beast a couple of months ago for $1000!! . :D :D
It was originally a police truck, then sold to the SES and after that sold off and used to transport horses. When we found it, it had been sitting in a hay shed on a local farm for 3 years.
The farmer was sick of it taking up room and said we could have it cheap as chips

Its in awesome condition. It has 123,000 original kms
Stuff all rust, and everything works! Except the tail lights which were brutally murdered when we removed the horse box.
All lights in the interior work and the interior itself is very good. It is also still currently registered! With near new tyres, brakes are great and runs really good, except it has done a head gasket.

So the plan is, to get the heads reconditioned and tune the motor up, get a headboard welded up and clean up the tray with some toolboxes underneath.
3'' Exhaust stack
Repair the rust spots and paint it.
Change the interior colour with black seats.

These are the photos I took before we picked it up

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

It has a 345 in it with extractors, on gas. Which will make it a bit more affordable to run

[IMG

The same day we picked it up, I took to the angle grinder

[IMG

This is the motorbike trailer that I'd like to tow with it, hoping to paint the trailer the same colour as the truck

[IMG

Now the truck doesn't have such a heavy box on the back it sits way too high and stiff. We removed about 5 leafs from each side.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Now we have the tray back on, we can start imagining how we want this thing to look.
Definitely thinking about shortening the tray, as it is not the original length, it has been lengthened by about 3 feet.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by JonteB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 4 months ago #152500 by Swishy
M80

it certainly looks the goodz

Me thinkr sez

when the truck hits the ruff U gunna get a whip @ the draw bar up n down .. have been known to break draw barz
( least it'll keep u're 2 stroke mix well stirred )

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 4 months ago #152501 by JonteB
Thanks.
And hahah! I was not aware that they are prone to that. Maybe once the tray is loaded up it should be alright

More
9 years 4 months ago #152502 by 600Dodge
That old girl looks the goods. On the trailer situation,if it has a reciever type towbar you could look into a drop type tongue to level up the trailer, I used one when I put the lift kit in my F100 and it made a world of difference. How much is lpg over your way? Ive just removed the gas from all of mine as the price has become ridiculous and now costs more to run on gas than petrol.

More
9 years 4 months ago #152503 by JonteB
I havn't hooked it back up to the trailer since I have put the tray on and taken a few leaf springs out of the rear. it sits almost level now so the trailer height shouldnt be an issue, but if it is I will look into a drop type like you suggested

LPG is on the rise over here too, its hardly worth having it now. But still slightly cheaper to run it on lpg than petrol

More
9 years 4 months ago #152504 by Hemi74
Looks like it's in decent nick , good find

More
9 years 4 months ago #152505 by JonteB
Cheers, I'll put some more photos on here soon

More
9 years 4 months ago #152506 by JonteB
Video of the truck running, giving it a bit of a rev

More
9 years 4 months ago #152507 by JonteB
Can anyone decode this for me?

[IMG

More
9 years 4 months ago #152508 by wedgetail84
Nice score there, you did well. Wouldn't mind a dual cab but that motor sounds pretty sweet too. And tidy interior, yes a very good buy.

So the plate says it has a 153" wheel base with a GCM of 7.55 tonnes and a GVM of 4.99 tonnes (so you need at least an LR licence). 7.50-16 tyres with 6 ply rating front and rear. The front axel is an FA12, rear an RA15 with a 1:4.3 ratio. It has a T17 gearbox and was made 11/1979 - my memory's not great but I reckon that means it must in the last run of them

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds