Skip to main content

Ford ACC Truck

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154724 by Rusty Engines
Ford ACC Truck was created by Rusty Engines
This is one for the Ford people
Been over to Norfolk Island and come across this Ford Truck, it is said to be very rare as it has two gear boxes
A part in the second gear box needed to be replaced so they contacted Ford Australia only to be told there is no such truck so they contacted Ford USA only to be told they have it wrong as that model was not sent that far away
This truck came out of Canada and with few exchanges of pictures Ford USA agreed that they had such a truck but can
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Rusty Engines.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154725 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Ford ACC Truck
Great bit of history there Ian . Thanks for sharing .

9 years 2 months ago #154726 by
Replied by on topic Re: Ford ACC Truck
...RHD too 8-)

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154727 by
...this truck could do with a bit more commentary i reckon....apparently it's an AAC model...not ACC.....

...the rarity and condition ?, who has somehow maintained it in such good health ?, unusual model designation etc.....is there a bit of info other people may know about these things ?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154728 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Re: Ford ACC Truck
apparently it's an AAC model...not ACC.
Yes Detective by the time I realized my mistake the time frame to change it had gone
All I know is what the guide/driver told us
I have tried to search the net and found all but nothing of that model with two gearboxes anyhow they did say it was very rare
Ian
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Rusty Engines.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154729 by
Hi Rusty .. apologies for the mis-understanding....i didn't mean to direct that question to you .. someone else may know something about the subject...it is such a nice truck and such a rarity....cheers

More
9 years 2 months ago #154730 by murray2230
Replied by murray2230 on topic Re: Ford ACC Truck
A 3 speed auxiliary transmission was available for Ford AA trucks

modelabasics.com/Accessories/Vol%2029%20...y%20Transmission.pdf

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154731 by
....here's a couple of second hand Ford AAC's from the Sydney Morning Herald dated Saturday 22nd July 1933...courtesy of Trove...

"Ford AAC 6 speed tipping truck, positively as new throughout 165 pounds" and "Ford AAC 30 cwt, new body, only had slight use 150 pound"

...well there you go...these two were advertised by Taverner's Hill Motors 656 Parramatta Rd Petersham 2264, what's the chances one of 'em may have ended up on Norfolk Island ??

and yet anothery from the same paper dated Saturday September 9 1933...."Ford AAC 1930 30 cwt 6 speed fitted with under body hoist and tip body, as new 165 pound" ...this one may have been one of the previous ones re-advertised as it's from the same dealer

.....these trucks (chassis') were being offered for sale brand new throughout Australia (supplied from Canada) as advertised in the Melbourne Argus newspaper dated Wednesday 10 December 1930 as a 30 cwt medium truck with or without body from 233 pounds...and the depression's full force was yet to be felt

More
9 years 2 months ago #154732 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: Ford ACC Truck
Hi
As far as I know it was only the AA's made in Canada that had wooden wheels.
Because Canada was part of the Commonwealth they were exported to Commonwealth countries.
Manulel in Oz

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds