Skip to main content

Intenational AL110 Info

More
9 years 1 month ago #156841 by silverfox
Hi all Bit of a newbie here!! Looking for info on International AL110's, Just purchased one but cannot find out a lot about them!! Think it is between 1949-52 model of about 1-1.5tonn?? Has all its glass and is pretty solid. No motor or trans, but will prob upgrade that. Need to know the weight cabability or rating of the front axel if I can? but don't know where to find such info and old google hasn't helped much!!
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #156842 by Mairjimmy

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Mairjimmy.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #156843 by mad_as_hec
All of the early aussie inters had an "a" prefix denoting Australian. So an AL110 is the Aussie version of the L110. Also a "w" as the last letter (if it were there) indicates all wheel drive.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mad_as_hec.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156844 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Intenational AL110 Info
I stand to be corrected, but the plate on your firewall should have some pertinent info.
It would have had a 220 6 cyl and 3-speed (as evidenced by the column shift). A 4-speed is an easy (bolt-in) and worthwhile change. Any IH petrol 6 until the end of production in ~1980 will bolt in with the correct front engine mount and clutch shaft. It should have a 4.10 diff, good for both around town and highway driving. The original brakes are adequate, unless it is fully laden in which case they can be a bit marginal in today's traffic.

These days a 6-281 motor is easiest to find and will easily keep up with traffic.

We appreciate the pictures and would love to see more as it goes on.

If you decide to modernise it, there is a thread here somewhere of such a major build on an AR110 coupe ute.

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 1 month ago #156845 by silverfox

silverfox, welcome to the forum mate, you might find something here

www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc...l7_84qQa_pIZWtgRhTFw

Or here

www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc...DIdOe2e5VGLqCkMdbseQ

Colin

Cheers Colin, They were the only 2 I found. Will keep looking and get info off ID plate on the weekend

More
9 years 1 month ago #156846 by Bitsa
Replied by Bitsa on topic Re: Intenational AL110 Info
Hi Sliverfox
I have a AGD240 (I think), sitting around the back, not going to use it, I think it may be locked up from sitting for so long, has a four speed box of cogs bolted to it,
its yours for a box of fizzy stuff if you want it, just send me a message if you like, I just can't bear to scrap it.
Cheers
Alistair

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

More
9 years 4 days ago #156847 by silverfox
So it looks like a change in circumstance means I am no longer able to do anything with the truck. Anybody interested in purchasing it? Have all the glass, and it is just a rolling chassis and cab. $700.00 as that's what it owes me

More
9 years 4 days ago #156848 by Mairjimmy
We need a location silverfox :-? :-?
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 4 days ago #156849 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Intenational AL110 Info

Mate, you'd be far better off putting a listing in the For Sale section..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 4 days ago #156850 by silverfox
Yep will do tomorrow. Post code 5271 in South Oz

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds