Skip to main content

NSW Historic Rego Log Book trial started 1 October

More
8 years 8 months ago #162602 by Beaver
There is an
Australian Historic Motor Club - Blue Mountains Inc
listed if you want a local club to get involved in (the HCVA is mainly for buses).

Does your 1510 get a pink slip inspection or come under HVIS? Best to talk to the club you join, they can usually point you to a friendly inspector.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162603 by paulc20
Hi Beaver.
HVIS is not applicable to heavy vehicles in historic scheme (or certainly not in Bathurst), I have had my Kenworth and Crusader on historic scheme over the years and they only require a heavy vehicle pink slip. This must be from an Authorised Heavy Vehicle Examiner and must be the old paper pink slip and not an E Safety Check.

I had put the old KW back on full rego for anumber of years and earlier this year had a HVIS inspection. Soon after the inspection I was admitted to hospital for surgery that didn't go to plan.

I sent the wife to The RMS to hand in full rego and put on historic as it looked like I wouldn't be able to drive it.

The RMS said an HVIS was not acceptable for historic rego even though it was very recent and I had only done 90 km since.

Paul

More
8 years 8 months ago #162604 by Beaver
Thanks Paul, your first paraphrase confirms what I believed the situation to be.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds