Skip to main content

Luya Julius - Looking for Len Savage contact

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239046 by Gryphon
Hi,

This email came in via the mailbox today hoping someone might be able to help them find a contact or lead on Len Savage who worked for Luya Julius. If you have some contact details that you would rather not post publicly, email them to forum@hcvc.com.au and I will pass them on.

Hello there.

I have just visited your WEB page. (The Luya Julius web page, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/OldTruck/8549-luya-julius-tippers ). The reason that I went looking for the name is that I would like to contact Len Savage who worked for Luya Julius in 1960s and hope some one may contact me with any information, that would help me find Len Savage.

My grandfather was Reg Julius. ( I worked for “L J s” for a short period in 1960s.)

I have a gorgeous, long framed photograph of the Luya Julius Fleet in 1927. There are 26 trucks and 7 horse drawn “vehicles” in that photo, many of the vehicles fitted with solid tyres. (The photo frame is 1.3meters in length. The glass is “hand rolled” glass and the photograph was located in Goulburn and now resided on Sunshine coast. It surely is a surprise that the original glass and frame still survive. (I have not been able to find outhow or why the photo went to Goulburn, NSW).

I would very much like to contact Len Savage who worked for Luya Julius many years, if some one knows how to contact him.

(It is not well known that Reg Julius was always interested in aircraft and I think his office was at least booking service for Australian Air lines in the early days of that air line.)

Mum was Regs & Minnie Julius’s second daughter.

My parents lived in Melbourne and my mother flew back to Brisbane for my birth in 1939. I flew back with her to Viictoria, just 2 weeks old and became the youngest person to fly in Australia (at least on commercial aircraft) for 40 years.

I look forward to some contact. Many thanks

Pip Bucknell
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 7 months ago #239051 by Swishy
Can we ask for a photo of the great photo
Thanx in advance
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, V8Ian