Skip to main content

Vintage Dodge and Graham trucks - looking for some help

More
1 year 7 months ago #239557 by Ed Kraft
Hello !

Looking through this Forum, I noticed, that here are quite a lot of members with a lot of interest and knowledge about old trucks from the 20s and the 30s.

I also have an interest in old trucks, which are known to be quite heavily imported into Australia from some countries. In particular, I'm interested in old American trucks, and have been trying to collect the information and materials on the vehicles, made by some American manufacturers from the mid 20's to 1940. Since the trucks from there were used in Australia, I decided to ask some questions here. For example, I'm interested in the information on Dodge trucks from 1929 to 1940, and on Graham trucks, built before 1929. My exact interests in Dodge trucks are limited by two conditions:

1) I'm interested in the information on any Dodge truck, that had a load capacity of 1 ton or more (not 1/2 ton, and not 3/4 ton).

2) I'm interested in the information on any Dodge trucks, that had steel cast spoked wheels with rubber tires, and pressed steel wheels with holes (like the 1930s Ford and Chevrolet truck wheels) with rubber tires (not wooden spoked wheels).

Unfortunately, the Internet has very few detailed information about the trucks of those years.

Therefore I am writing here to ask for the help in the following:
- does anyone here have Dodge salesman books from 1929 up to 1940, sale data books, or other sources, that contain the body builders layouts/diagrams of different types of Dodge trucks, that meet my conditions ? I don't mean simple size diagrams, that are in many sales brochures, but the drawings for the body builders with detailed dimensions of the trucks chassis.

I'm looking for this information for a private non-profit research project, that explores the history of the American trucks in Europe from the mid 20's to the 1940. A large part of this project is devoted to the technical features of these trucks, which, of course, were the same in America, in Europe, or in Australia.

If such Forum members are here - could You, gentlemen, share these layouts with me ?

I shall be very grateful to You for the answers, and for Your help (in case if You kindly agree to help me with these materials).

And, if You have similar body builders layouts/diagrams for any Graham trucks, that meet my conditions (1 ton or more, steel wheels with spokes or pressed steel wheels) - I will be very happy.

Best regards,
Ed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239591 by Gryphon
Hi,

does your interest in Dodge extend to the siblings like Fargo etc?

In the pictures of vehicles that appear on 2022 Anniversary Calendar is a 1934 Fargo(Cream body, Red guards) that I am related to and I know there is or two owners manuals with the Truck covering the 34 and 36 models. From the bonnet back it is locally made but I haven't seen a badge or anything that identifies the builder and we suspect it was a one off build saw drawings or dimensions might be difficult to locate.

Terry
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Kraft

More
1 year 7 months ago #239601 by Brocky45
Please post a similiar question on the Just Old Trucks website.. As well as Americans there are some folks from Europe, Australia and NZ on there that might be able to help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Kraft

More
1 year 7 months ago #239602 by Ed Kraft
Thank You for Your answers, dear colleagues.

does your interest in Dodge extend to the siblings like Fargo etc ?
Yes, Terry, Fargo trucks also interest me - as far as I understand, these are the same Dodge trucks, but produced under a different brand. I would like to take a look at these 34 and 36 Owners Manuals - maybe, there is some necessary information. By the way, the truck on that calendar looks great !

Please post a similiar question on the Just Old Trucks website. As well as Americans there are some folks from Europe, Australia and NZ on there that might be able to help you.
Thanks for the good idea, Mr Brocky45 ! I completely forgot about the "Old Trucks" Forum, and now I will follow Your advice.

Thank You once again, gentlemen !

Time to create page: 0.636 seconds