Skip to main content

Brockway Trucks

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240623 by Brocky45
Brockway Trucks was created by Brocky45
The Brockway Truck brand has a large and loyal following up here in the States. They have a museum in conjunction with the Central New York living History Center in Cortland NY USA where Brockways were built. The museum display is revolving and changes in May of each year The Brockway Truck Preservation Assn holds the Brockway Weekend the second weekend of August which includes a Cruise In, Friday Fundraiser Dinner, Saturday dinner to honor past employees, a Parade and the largest "Brand Specific" Static display in the USA of usually about 140 (+ /-) Brockway Trucks.

This post was split from the www.hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Chat/20526-b...ures-from-overlander thread as it is a subject worthy of its own posts and as it is neither brochures or part of Overlanders collection.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Gryphon. Reason: Split this post and the following two from Overlanders Brockway Brochures thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Dave_64, wouldyou, eerfree, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 6 months ago #240625 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Brockway Trucks
Brocky
gudday m8

gr8 pix
of a
gr8 truck

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240626 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Brockway Trucks
Excellent photos in addition to Overlander’s collection, Brocky. Hope many forum members have the opportunity to visit.

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Chat/20526-b...ures-from-overlander
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Gryphon. Reason: Added link to original thread from where this was split.

More
1 year 6 months ago #240632 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Brockway Trucks
Gryphon, Thank You for editing my post and starting a new topic.
A brief history of Brockway Trucks: In the 1860's the Brockway Family established a Wagon and Carriage factory in Homer NY, Just north of the City of Cortland. In 1910 son George hung a 2 cylinder air cooled engine on one of daddy's wagons. In 1912 he created the Brockway Motor Truck Co. In 1956 Mack trucks bought Brockway BUT did not consolidate anything until the design / engineering departments in about 1970. Early 1977 saw labor problems and Mack closed the facility in mid 1977 and the last trucks for the Mid-East oilfields were assembled in Miami FL.
In the early 2000's the Central NY Living History Museum and Brockway Weekend was created. The Museum now has 4 parts: Brockway, Hometown, Tractors of Yesteryear which includes a 1900's home kitchen, and now a Fire House which I have not seen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago #240633 by Brocky45
And now some Brockway pictures. Friday afternoon in front of the Museum, during the parade which is about the only time to get individual pictures, and some museum pictures. I have many individual truck pictures I can post if you guys want them..

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, wouldyou, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, Tacho, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240642 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Brockway Trucks
What's the hold-up, Brocky?;)
Post away mate. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brocky45, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240653 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Brockway Trucks
Yeah!
Whack em up, Brocky!
We all like to have a bit of a drool over some classic iron!
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
1 year 5 months ago #240669 by Brocky45
As V8Ian and Dave64 indicated you folks would like some more pictures.. This will take some time and several posts!!! There are at least 2 Brockways in Australia that I know of: Archie Baines, in VIC, has about a 1950 model 88 chassis and cowl in his boneyard and Ed Edminsten in Dubbo has a 1976 model 761 repowered with an 8V92T imported from up here. I saw it in person when it still had the 12V71 in it.
In my first pictures you can see the crowd congestion in the Main Street static display and the crowding of trucks at the museum. So I will start with parade pictures as this is the best time to get individual pictures.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Dave_64, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240670 by Brocky45
More Parade

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Dave_64, Inter-Action, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240671 by Brocky45
More of the Parade

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Dave_64, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.615 seconds