Skip to main content

Advanced Engineering and Fabricating Co.

More
5 months 1 week ago #249261 by Shubin
New member here, was lead here after putting my grandfather's name into google and seeing a post about him on these forums. After reading about the forums this seems like a fitting place to post up some pictures of the trucks he built and ask questions about some of the stuff he may have built that people might still know about.

My grandfather was a Russian-American named Michael Kudinoff and he moved from the States to WA in the late 60's (pretty sure he lived in Perth) and later moved to SA and lived in Adelaide. He moved back to the States in the mid 80's. He grew up as a Rubbishman working in Los Angles and when he moved to Australia he would buy trucks (I know he shipped a few over from the states and converted them to left hand drive) and convert them into rubbish trucks. He told me he was the first person to bring the concept of the front loading rubbish truck to Australia. He had a company called Advanced Engineering and Fabricating Co. where he design and build his trucks. Later when he moved back to the states he would continue to do the same thing, and built custom one off roll-off trucks and trailers until his death about a month ago. Some pictures of one of the trucks he built and a newspaper clipping from back in the day.   

I was wondering if anybody had some information about his company or the where abouts of some of the trucks he built. I am trying to get more pictures from my uncle and will post them up if I can find more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #249262 by Shubin
Some more pictures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, 77louie400, PaulFH, asw120

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #249263 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Swishy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, PDU

More
5 months 1 week ago #249270 by mammoth
That is a great story that needs to be recorded, thanks putting it together. Are you located in the US or Aus?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
5 months 1 week ago #249273 by Shubin
In the U.S., although still got some family down in Adelaide and have been down there before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
5 months 1 week ago #249277 by mammoth
So to help you with identifying the trucks (and I am no expert here) the first is a British built Commer, branded as Dodge after Chrysler bought them out, B&W pic is a Leader built in Queensland, The one with the boxy snout is an early ACCO known as butter box. The others are later ACCOs.
At the time there were tariffs on all imported trucks, and especially from US dollar countries to encourage local industry and keep a lid on the country's balance of payments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
5 months 1 week ago #249278 by Mrsmackpaul
ACCO are Australian International Harvester trucks

The U.S. had ACCO trucks built by IH as well
Sort of similar but completely different
COE tilt cabs, I'll find a pic of a Yanky version one day
Ripper yarn and thank you for sharing

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
5 months 1 week ago #249280 by Gryphon
Shubin,

do you have the link to the article you aid you found on here that made want to join?

I went looking and found a few old posts on refuse and garbage trucks but nothing to link them to your Grandfather.

Terry

More
5 months 1 week ago #249285 by 180wannabe
I think the B&W photo is a Mack, and the cab/chassis 8x4 is a T-Line.

Brett.

More
5 months 1 week ago #249298 by mammoth
Thanks for correction Brett.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds