Skip to main content

Edmond T Lennon

More
2 years 10 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #222936 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Edmond T Lennon
Edmond T Lennon traded as Lennon Towers Tallawarra and sold out to Heggie's Transport in the early 70's.First photo from Warren Noakes and the second photo , one of the Lennon's Hippo's repainted in Heggie's Transport colors, courtesy of Rick Russell.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by xspanrman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222952 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Edmond T Lennon
That second picture, is that a tipper? Looks very much like a setup (colours and all) that a bloke up here in Brisbane has. He shows it at Rocklea every year.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 10 months ago #222970 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Edmond T Lennon
Leyland used to have adds in probably Truck and Bus magazine with these trucks in them, big long chassis and a aluminium tipper

They must of been okay and done the job I guess

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 10 months ago #222973 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Edmond T Lennon

That second picture, is that a tipper? Looks very much like a setup (colours and all) that a bloke up here in Brisbane has. He shows it at Rocklea every year.

Jarrod.
All tippers except for the one in the add. Has anyone a photo of the truck Jarrod is talking about.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222991 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Edmond T Lennon
Manufacturers Bottle Co had them in Melbourne.
Bogie trailers servicing the brewery.
Garrett and Griffiths had two ( AEC ? ) with six horse
floats. Comfortable to drive and plenty of power for
that job. Mostly local, occasional run to Adelaide.

More
2 years 10 months ago #223002 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Edmond T Lennon
I think Jarrod is talking about the Harrier with tipping grain bin which I think was used on wharf work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120, xspanrman

More
1 year 8 months ago #238559 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Edmond T Lennon
Hi,

this came via a few emails ....... I don't know any more than what you see and the email address that sent them in asking for them to be posted on the Forum.

Dear Mr. Whitworth,

Attached are c1954 photos of two trucks after they collided in a rear-end accident. Given the the damage to the cabin of the rear truck, it would be remarkable if there was not a fatality or serious injury. The rear truck has signage of Edmund T Lennon Pty Ltd of Sydney, a firm that also operated in the Illawarra (Wollongong). The other truck is an International Harvester prime mover, registration ISA006 pulling a loaded car carrier. I do not know where or when the collision occurred. It seems that after a 1956 court case with NSW Commissioner for Road Transport that went to the High Court and Privy Council, Edmund T Lennon Pty Ltd was broken-up and the divisions and/or assets sold into Lennon Towers, Heggies Bulkhaul and Brambles. There has been discussion regarding Edmund T Lennon trucks on your club forum. I thought your members may be interested and may be able to help with more information about the collision.

Regards,
Robert Campbell

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
1 year 8 months ago #238561 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Edmond T Lennon
Rear truck could be a Foden with S20 cab, fairly new at the time.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #238562 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Edmond T Lennon
Interesting how people feel the need to brand photos that more than likely come from another source or if they do own the originals, what are they trying to achieve by denying access and archiving to a very historic subject? A small identifier on the bottom to establish the source as in Peter Ramsey's photos may be OK but huge water-marking or defacement?

Over the years I have seen quite a number of my photos appear similarly defaced with someone else's name or even neatly inscribed to give the impression they are their professional images. Not a few have appeared on Ebay for sale. Some culprits I have recognised - all of the rivet counter or plane-spotter cohort.

Just my opinion.

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lang.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #238564 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Edmond T Lennon

Rear truck could be a Foden with S20 cab, fairly new at the time.

I had a good look at it when i posted it up and think it is probably a Leyland Comet from a few posts back. The Rego plate looks different and the tyres are different but I got matches on everything else I could see.

Terry
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds