Skip to main content

one for the ex ipec drivers

More
11 years 5 months ago #100288 by 352rhd
back when i was a young long haired 2nd year apprentice at clae's in sydney,i remember a ipec linehaul driver telling me a story once,that ex sydney they used to send the atkinsons south and the scanias north because the new england was alot rougher and the scania's were obviously alot more comfortable.can anyone verify this story please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100289 by bigcam
Hi 352, I've never been a IPEC driver, but I can remember seeing a lot of Atkinson's at the Brisbane depot.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100290 by Tired Iron
I've never been an Ipec driver but sure did put a few Michelins on their (tubeless?) rims in early 70's-I think.
What year you talking? I recall then Ipec was all- MAN.
I do remember going somewhere in Salisbury to change a tyre and maybe do puncture repair one morning . It was at the loading dock, and I couldn't get the spare out-not room enough. It wasn't Ipec though-can't remember who, but a subbie.
Somebody important (early in the day, so I wasn't covered in *%$# like usual) told me to just move it fwd, keys are in it. Wasn't the first truck I drove (yeah, three feet isn't driving) but it was a Scania. I couldn't believe the comfort, the silence (couldn't hear the engine idle) and how like an Italian sports car, every control was at your fingertips or feet-mindblowing luxury.
Cheers :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Cam -What's with the IH?

More
11 years 5 months ago #100291 by bigcam
Noel, I just spotted it on the internet and stole it.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100292 by greg wright
if you go to the yella cab mob on face book you may get the answer you are looking for , there are a lot of ex drivers on this site , if you have any probs , let me know regards GREG .

More
11 years 5 months ago #100293 by Tacho
G'day Cam, since Tired Iron asked about your IH avitar I should voice my concern. That symbol is supposed to represent a bloke driving a tractor, so those two young ladies are sitting on the mudguards. Not only is it dangerous and outside OH&S (and no ROPS), it would be a serious distraction to the driver. What say you?

More
11 years 5 months ago #100294 by bigcam
Never thought of that Tacho. OMG, looks like it's back to piston girl.

More
10 years 10 months ago #100295 by dunk

if you go to the yella cab mob on face book you may get the answer you are looking for , there are a lot of ex drivers on this site , if you have any probs , let me know regards GREG .

Look up Bobcat rogers on face book he be Mr Ipec!!! top bloke at that

More
10 years 10 months ago #100296 by To a T
Back in 1980 the old man bought a second hand K141 ex IPEC (twin steer single drive slimline). We had six weeks before it burnt to the ground at Bellata.
Does anyone know how many of these were built. I only know of two others-one owned by a circus (brown/white) and Armidale Removals(blue).
Only went in it once on my school holidays and can remember the only trip I went in it up the Putty. Being young I didnt want to say too much but I thought we were going a bit quick. I looked over at the old man and he had that look of complete fear on his face and white knuckle grip on the wheel. I looked at the speedo and the needle was off the clock. I just sat back and had the best ride as a passenger in my life. If you are going to go -what a way to go with a screeming Jimmy punching you along. To this day I have always wanted a Jimmy. Who knows when and if the Cummins s*#ts itself in the Diamond well......

To a T

More
10 years 10 months ago #100297 by werkhorse
I believe that Armidale one was ex IPEC

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds