Skip to main content

Thomas H Cabban. Const. Gundagai

More
11 years 5 months ago #100526 by Hi Beam
I thought that as the Hume just got a mention the most famous (Infamous) rozza on the Hume deserved a page too. Put your 2 bobs worth in fellers. Here's your chance to tell your side of it. Here's one of my stories about him.

DON'T TOOT SHEEP DRIVER

Jacko and John Victor are heading across the flats at South Gundagai in the late 50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100527 by jimbo51
He was a Sergeant by the time I met him .....

Didn't complain about this one even though it was a stitchup - he owed me one from something I'd got away with a while before. 8-)

11 years 5 months ago #100528 by
....jeeez Hi Beam .. you tell tales like ol' mate Bill would.... 8-) 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #100529 by BK
The funny part of it is he had a brother, a real likeable bloke, who drove trucks, Doug I think, and he reckoned he was a basket. ;D ;D

Trust me

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #100530 by newto
ahh,
cabban,now that coppa had a good memory and an eye for detail,(most times)
my service van was in for service,kirky was out dubbo somewhere and chappo had just got back from a week on the south coast so had a mountain of paperwork to fix up.
get a call for a water pump job just south of mittagong so the boss says take chappo's van and go fix......no probs.
both chappo's and kirkys vans had bullbars fitted and a big spotty in the middle,mine was newer with no bar.
go south,change water pump then head back for home on the freeway that had not long been opened just north of mittagong.I was flying down the hill on a mission and parked up hard against the centre rock formation was a highway patrol car,with radar,and,thankfully someone already pulled over....i got the bad boy finger wave as i flew past....thought,phew....that was lucky,and thought nothing more of it......until about a month later chappo fronts me after doing a job down south somewhere......cruising along in no hurry minding his own business,cabban pulls him over and tears strips off him for speeding weeks/month before......chappo had no idea what he was on about,cabban ups him....points to the cummins sign written van,(the old stand out brown with white stripe livery),bullbar with spotlight, (apparently) illegally mounted on it..... tells him was clocked on radar at in excess of 130k in a 110 zone weeks ago.....
somehow chappo calmed him down,convinced him he wasnt driving at the time,gave him the description of my van to look out for and got off with a warning.
i managed to avoid going down the hume on breakdowns for months,did south coast and west instead.....cabban was waiting for me!!!
newto
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by newto.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100531 by clarkie383
Gee Jimbo51,1978 is getting a while ago.
All i can remember of 1978 is me and a couple of mates taking turns in asking for help from our teacher.
All the while the other 2 would perve down her top to inspect her large chesticles...... ::)

Great stories guys,was it the same cop in both or related.
Last names look the same

More
11 years 5 months ago #100532 by elroy
Anyone remember a Sunday morning current affairs program many years ago, they did a story about the Hume Highway.It started with the reporter riding in a Cubeio F10 or 12.The reporter may mention of Tom the driver turned white.Then they had Tom on.He drove a mint white Falcon 500 wagon like Matt had on Skippy.All the bells and whistles.He was driving it across the little harbour bridge, telling tales when he was in the force, including booking his father in law.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100533 by newto

Gee Jimbo51,1978 is getting a while ago.
Great stories guys,was it the same cop in both or related.
Last names look the same

"same bloke!!"
newto

11 years 5 months ago #100534 by
Just been speaking to Dad and he said he will write up a couple of stories about Tiapan Tom and if you are out and about in Mittagong today be carful you dont get pulled over by his Son.

Trevor

More
11 years 5 months ago #100535 by BK

Just been speaking to Dad and he said he will write up a couple of stories about Tiapan Tom and if you are out and about in Mittagong today be carful you dont get pulled over by his Son.

Trevor

Geez did they allow him to breed?? >:( :o :'(

Trust me

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds