Skip to main content

Thomas H Cabban. Const. Gundagai

More
9 years 2 months ago #100596 by kenny-mopar
I'm about to give the long distance stuff away ( have lost the passion so to speak) but so many stories to be told ... Being a owner driver to me was always like running the gauntlet... Ie "lie books" breakdowns lack of $ etc but it gave me a wife and beautiful daughter what else matters ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #100597 by overnite
Kenny, might be an idea to modify your post, and put the adjective " beautiful" in front of "your wife" just in case she reads it.

More
9 years 2 months ago #100598 by kenny-mopar
Very true especially since my birthday is soon .... Never know what the present may be ;)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #100599 by asal2
Any one spot the Australian Story about the fate of the whistleblow copper?

www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2015/s4216730.htm

Exactly why we were told not to join the police all those decades ago when we were kids. Made us promise not too.

He nearly had a fit when we said when we grew up we wanted to be just like him and would join.

He said, "if you are not on the take, then those who are. Automatically go on the defensive with the mentality, if you aren't with us, then your against us".

Which if you decide not to join them, is a very dangerous place to be.

That was long before the police corruption inquiries began and was suppose to sweep out the bad apples.

Not much has changed after all, at the time he said to us, "at least in New Guinea you knew who the enemy were."

That poor chap learned the same lesson in spades.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by asal2.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds