R.I.P Hayseed

More
4 months 1 week ago #249657 by Mrsmackpaul
R.I.P Hayseed was created by Mrsmackpaul
Was just reading on Facebook that Seed has left us all after a short illness

RIP Seed, you'll be missed by many

Paul 

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, eerfree, Morris, jon_d, Lang, LN700, PaulFH and 8 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
4 months 1 week ago #249658 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic R.I.P Hayseed
Thats terrible..........
Just goes to show........... you never know whats around the corner......
YES...........seed will be missed.   RIP  Seed.

..................Billy.................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, Morris, PaulFH, grandad, roKWiz, Southbound, wee-allis and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
4 months 1 week ago #249664 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic R.I.P Hayseed
So sad, Hayseed was good value and very knowledgeable.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, PaulFH, grandad, roKWiz, Southbound, wee-allis, PDU and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
4 months 1 week ago #249669 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic R.I.P Hayseed
RIP Hayseed.

It's 'funny' how you form mental voices and images of people when reading their posts. Even though you don't meet them in person, you have a close association to them. An image, a story, a comment. They are all there, floating around.

Condolences to Hayseed's family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, wouldyou, PaulFH, husky, grandad, roKWiz, Southbound and 4 other people also said thanks.

More
4 months 6 days ago #249718 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic R.I.P Hayseed
I find it pretty sad that the sudden passing of Hayseed has only drawn a couple of comments. I believe he was a lot younger than me.

I only met him a couple of times at Mansfield and again at Albury on Hauling the Hume a few years back. He seemed a really nice bloke.

Of more relevance his efforts on the forum as a moderator and contributor showed a picture of common sense and an ability to pour oil on troubled waters. His wide knowledge also added greatly to many discussions.

Can we have somebody who knew him put up a short eulogy of his life, particularly related to trucks?

Regards

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackduck59, 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, wouldyou, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, roKWiz and 5 other people also said thanks.

More
4 months 6 days ago #249724 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic R.I.P Hayseed
I felt similarly as you Lang, then realised most of us (me included) had probably never met Hayseed, and so perhaps felt awkward to comment as if we had.  It then occurred to me that the many "thank you" left are not so much thanking the poster for their comment, but perhaps more so endorsing/supporting what was said in the comment.  That is of course just my interpretation in this instance.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Hayseed, but i had corresponded with him privately over the years, and i found him to be an extremely down to earth, common sense type bloke, very knowledgeable, and i always got the feeling that most of his knowledge came from experience.

As you mentioned, his contribution to the forum as a moderator has helped to keep it the civil place that it is today.

I offer my condolences to his family, and friends.  RIP 'Seed.

Brett.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, Southbound, V8Ian, wee-allis and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #249725 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic R.I.P Hayseed
Well there you go again 180wannabe, we were both on the same wavelength regarding making a post here, particularly after last night's phone chat during which we had commented on Hayseed's value and loss to this website. I agree with yours, and Lang's, comments entirely and add my sympathy to his family and closer acquaintances.

A person's value is often taken for granted too easily and becomes more noticeable when they are gone.
Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, Lang, PaulFH, grandad, Southbound, oliver1950

More
4 months 6 days ago #249727 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic R.I.P Hayseed
My feelings and thoughts also as our previous posters have said, Hayseed commented on some of my posts leaving a feeling that I knew him.
David,
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, tim, Dave_64, PaulFH, grandad, Southbound

More
4 months 6 days ago #249731 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic R.I.P Hayseed
Im hearing the comments
Him & i spoke about our situations on occasion
I find that my thoughts are between him and me
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, wouldyou, Lang, PaulFH, grandad, wee-allis

More
4 months 5 days ago #249757 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic R.I.P Hayseed
You blokes are on the money. Seed was a great asset to this forum, only known through words on these pages, always imagined as everlasting, healthy, strong and wise..... but the reality comes as a shock.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, Dave_64, Lang, PaulFH, grandad, roKWiz, Southbound, wee-allis, PDU

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds