Skip to main content

2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY

More
10 years 1 month ago #140264 by ray
2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY was created by ray
The date and venue have been set for this years HCVC display day. This year we have moved to the YARRA GLEN RACECOURSE and the date is Sunday November 9th. The move to Yarra Glen will enable those arriving on Saturday to camp overnight, also showers are available as well as BBQ facilities and multiple toilet blocks. There is plenty of grass areas and shady trees. Updates to follow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140265 by Roderick Smith
While planning ahead, the useful public transport on a Sunday is a route 685 bus:
Lilydale station dep. 8.45, 10.55 & 14.20.
The Yarra Glen stop is Anzac Ave & Melba Hwy: I haven't checked the walking distance.
The useful return times are Herbert Rd at Melba Hwy 13.40, 15.40 & 17.40.
Current rules ban stopping at any unusual place, but perhaps a deal can be done to stop at the racecourse gate.
That might suffice, or a shuttle in something historic could be run from the station to the ground. I don't know how popular it would be. Spectators who have driven there may welcome a quick return trip as part of the event. Again, this has to be within rules. Some of the buses are on historic plates, but others are current fleet one.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
10 years 1 month ago #140266 by The Shadow
Well by the bus companies site

They drive right pass the race course

You can see the time tables at www.mckenzies.com.au/routeB.shtml

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

10 years 1 month ago #140267 by
Replied by on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Congratulations fellas .. hopefully it may be the location for a lot more future HCVC events....cheers 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 1 month ago #140268 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Great news for all the trucks to come to sunny Yarra Glen and smell the Diesel in the Yarra Valley air. If you need Transport try a balloon flight for something different. Camping on site with showers and toilets . More information to come, Happy Days and bigger shows , plenty of room with grass and tree. :D ;) :) ;D 8-) podge

More
10 years 1 month ago #140269 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Podge, I thought that the Yarra Valley air was full of the scent of Grapes & the Bouquet of wine & Cheeses. Hoping it will be a good site, with great surrounds.Have to work out which is the best route to travel from Geelong. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
10 years 1 month ago #140270 by Murray
Replied by Murray on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Congrats. to the Committee, this will be a really good move and the display day will grow because of it.
Being able to arrive there on Saturday and to spend time talking to other members used to be a big plus for our country members....on Sunday we're too busy getting around the display!!!
I remember well spending a couple of hours on a Saturday getting to know the late Bill Richardson, an opportunity I was very pleased to have had.
The best truck displays I have seen worldwide have usually involved some hard standing but also grassed areas and trees just adjacent to the bitumen.
A good move, it's up to us now to make it work.
Murray

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 1 month ago #140271 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Here U go Tim
[img

Clikty ......... etc

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 1 month ago #140272 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY
Gees coming down the big hill into the Glen from Kangaroo Ground should sound good :) :)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 1 month ago #140273 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 2014 HCVC DISPLAY DAY

Yhar

Jist watch the hair pin bend

LOL

tiz OK wen U use 2 D rd

Log trucks use it to run to Geelong etc

LOL