Skip to main content

CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016

More
8 years 2 months ago #167926 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
I saw a message today saying entries are closed.

there were no details about anything else so I don't know if they ran out of space or it was time related

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #167932 by defective
Replied by defective on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
....from all accounts, the TRUCK entries are closed, with the MEAL entries still swinging for the next few days........BRING IT ALL ON !! B) B) B) B)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167936 by Slasha
Replied by Slasha on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
You are correct Defective Truck entries are NOW CLOSED.
Meals etc for the Saturday night are also CLOSED.

Need to get the numbers to the caterers.
Please Note If you don't have a Meal booked for the Saturday evening you will be refused entry to the Bar and Marquee area at the Albury Racing Club.
There will be Albury Racing Club security staff at the front Gate.
NO WRIST BAND NO ENTRY!!!!!!

Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
8 years 2 months ago #167947 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
After a lengthy chat with Slasha last night, I need to announce, this run will be fantastic!

Really appreciate the effort the organizers put in to these events,

As a well know old truck supporter says, you only get out what you put in!

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
8 years 2 months ago #167950 by bparo
I spoke to the mechanic in the workshop. The gearbox is in the truck but he wants to replace a leather seal that has gone hard. It should be there this afternoon or tomorrow morning then I am back in action.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 2 months ago #167956 by defective
Replied by defective on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
...anywhere you get up close to ANY of these old jiggers on the run, make sure you take in the smells and noises these old girls emanate. It's a vibrant, dynamic event not commonly seen when it comes to vintage vehicle displays.....Make sure you soak up ALL the sensory delights only a run like this can bring....

....cheers to Robbie and Roger for their mighty efforts B) B) B)

More
8 years 2 months ago #167958 by mackme
Replied by mackme on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
I agree with you defective can't wait to burn some fuel and crunch some gears
Bring it on.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168230 by bparo
A couple of quick runs to Kyabram this weekend to ensure the replacement gearbox is as good as it feels and we are all set

More
8 years 1 month ago #168241 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic CRAWLIN' the HUME 2016
Sort of off topic, I have a bit of gear ive promised to a mate in wagga wagga ( or is it wagga?) :unsure: that I need to get to albury for the crawlin run, he's coming down for it.

Itll be 4 x rims, a diff and a small box of odds n sods from my M resto/ conversion.

Im being a bit precious, but I don't wanna put a pallet of old gear on my nice new polished timber tray :woohoo:

Im happy to stick them in my trailer and get them to anyone in melb if they can help out.

Ta, scratcha

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
8 years 1 month ago #168242 by Roderick Smith
In 2014, I was roadside at Craigieburn, and photographed most of the convoy (40 had gone early, and were past before I arrived). Since then, I have been to Benalla in a Flxible Clipper.
What I would love to do this year is grab a ride from Ford (tricky) or Craigieburn (easy) to the Winton lunch stop, and the older the better. One of those 1920s or 30s would suit me fine, but any ride is better than no ride.
In 2012, a friend put up a set of videos of the fleet surmounting Pretty Sally, then later leaving Winton.
Seeing those 1920s and 30s reaching the top of the formerly-notorious summit climb was impressive.
I have stitched together a weekend with fellow railway enthusiasts who will chase to Winton, then we head to Riverina NSW for train chasing.
If anyone has a spare seat not occupied with wife/partner/mother-in-law/child/grandchild, please send a pm, then we can work by email or phone.

TIA
Roderick

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds