Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20076 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: ALLORA SHOW
A couple of pics from the day before, I picked up this White on the way. I was also given the Bedford ute as well, which has since found a new home with the chap in the yard accross from us.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20077 by bigcam
The Autocar with Gulf Transport on it is Jim Cooper's, he has loaned it to Bill Baskett to put in the Winton Transport Museum. It origonally had the fibreglass rounder looking gaurds,but the made the chequer plate ones when they fell to bits.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20078 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: ALLORA SHOW
Hi Cam, great pics of the show, looks like you had good weather up there. Good to see a few trucks from the White stable (A-Car, REO & Diamond Reo). ;)
Also Cam, the 2064 still has plenty of good bits on it.The cab looks tidy, whats the inside like ?
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20079 by busntruck
Replied by busntruck on topic Re: ALLORA SHOW
Thanks for posting the photos Cam. 8-)
I see that Mammoth made the trip, thats his green AEC and Volvo prime mover. The AEC is an ex Newcastle Haulage & Transport tipper. They were very well known vehicles in my local area. The Goldspring Macks are often out and about down this way at various shows. :)

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
14 years 3 months ago #20080 by bigcam
I saw both of Mammoth's trucks there but I didn't end up meeting him. We had to leave just before lunch, or the parade actually, otherwise we wouldn't have got out for another hour.
The inside of the 2064 is pretty rough, it's been a Cocky's truck.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20081 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: ALLORA SHOW
Sorry I missed you Cam. I dropped the trucks off, then straight on to Brisbane in ute to get a kitchen (women & Ikea = heaven, or at least thats what they think, hell for men in tow). went back to Warwick for o'night so had early start sunday with no handbrake. Ian Fordyce had his mklll AEC there and was also a mk v AEC ex Newcastle Haulage, as well as ergo AEC tow truck. Another F86 turned up which was the business - the owner had his eye on it at his work and over the years got fish oil into it, put it in shed and let tyres down (so didn't get moved), vinyl restorer, robbed parts and stored them at home, etc, so when the company eventually decided to sell it he only had to polish it and drive away!

More
14 years 3 months ago #20082 by bigcam
Ah Steve,Happy wife,happy life mate.The AEC ex Newcastle Haulage has had a few owners in the last couple of years.It was in tyhe same auction I bought the Road Boss,and has been bought and sold a couple of times since.I had a chat to Ian,he isn't far from where I live anyway,so I see him a bit.The CRT Volvo is a nice looking truck,and the bloke is in love with it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20083 by bigcam
Mammoth,the blue S2 Kenworth,here's a couple of before and afters,The truck was done up in less than 12 months,including doing the motor.
After-

Before-

During-

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds