Skip to main content

HCVCA 50th Anniversary Show and Dine - 23rd & 24th July, Bendigo Victoria.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237282 by Gryphon
Hi,

next weekend the HCVCA is having a weekend get together with Truck Display at the Bendigo Showgrounds to further celebrate the 50th year of the HCVCA.

There is a Dinner organised for Saturday night across the road at the RSL, bookings essential by contacting Russell on 0409 073 523 or President@hcvca.com.au, with numbers when I last heard at 120 with a seating limit of 150 and numbers need to be confirmed early in the week.

There is on site camping with/within your vehicles on the Friday and Saturday night at the Showgrounds, again you need to let Russell know if you plan to stay/camp with your vehicle.

For Saturday there is free public access to stroll in and browse around the vehicles. If you are a non member and want to park your Historic Commercial Vehicle on the grounds best to contact Russell and check if it is okay, I am not sure on that one.

Some more background, www.hcvc.com.au/club-events/288-hcvca-50...urday-23rd-july-2022

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237287 by Mrsmackpaul
So if I wanna take my bucket of bolts there I need to call Russell ?

Did I understand that correctly ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237288 by Gryphon

So if I wanna take my bucket of bolts there I need to call Russell ?

Did I understand that correctly ?
Paul

To be sure you are getting the right information then Yes, give him a call to get the latest.

I spoke to him on Tuesday and said I would put something up here about the event as it really hasn't been publicised much outside the club magazine, and with the free display on Saturday I thought it would be of interest to non-members who might want to look around. He didn't say anything about the non members visiting with their vehicles so best to check or maybe someone else who knows more might offer up the details on what has been said. There has been a change of committee and that comes with new organisers of the event so there is a bit of catch up happening and I have been told tonight there might be more news or changes on Monday.

It would be a shame to have interesting vehicles in car park and not on the grounds, but there might be issues with Insurance and volunteers to marshall vehicles in and out.

Terry
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gryphon.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237297 by Morris
My Wife is worried that there is no time or start place given for the bus trip(s) or for the dinner.

Be there or be square. We plan to be there in the yellow Morris 1800 Ute as the three tonner is not ready and the Ute will not tow the 1927 D Type Six Wheeler.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 9 months ago #237397 by Gryphon
Hi,

more details to hand about the event with the big news being that the Saturday night dinner has been cancelled due to Covid concerns, however the rest of the planned display on Saturday and camping are still going ahead. I believe the bus trips may have been cancelled also.

To answer MrsMackPaul's question from a few days ago, non members are welcome to display their historic commercial vehicles in the Main arena with members vehicles.

Details on the event including where to enter and camp and some maps can be found here, www.hcvc.com.au/club-events/293-bendigo-...truck-show-july-23rd

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
1 year 9 months ago #237407 by Morris
What's the point in going then?
If I did not have Motel accommodation booked and paid for, I would stay home. Plenty of work to do here.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 9 months ago #237644 by Gryphon
Hi,

for some eye candy from the Bendigo Show grounds gathering yesterday, www.hcvc.com.au/gallery/events/hcvca-bendigo-2022

It drizzled rain until early afternoon and numbers were not what was expected but it was good as it meant plenty of time to catch up with people and you could have a good look around the trucks that were there.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo, 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237652 by Mrsmackpaul
Thanks for the photos, looks like some good looking jiggers turned up

I never made it, the weather wasn't looking like it was gunna be much chop and thought I dont want the flue

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237663 by Gryphon
Hi,

there was a lot more there than the few I took pictures of and I am expecting Drone footage and stills in the next few days from a new member Phil that I expect to get online once they come in.

You might not of got the cold, but probably wet feet.

I don't know if there is any footage, a lot of people were watching it though, of Murray L. trying to get his old GMC semi off the grass on Sunday morning. With hard rubber and no tread the rear right wheel was just spinning around on the wet and sloppy ground, however it must have been moving because it eventually found traction and it got on to hard ground for loading.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #237681 by Sarge
Thanks for posting Terry, this was my best chance to show the mighty ACCO to the adoring public, but sadly I am stuck in Quinzlund enjoying sunshine.

I hope the club sees the event as a success.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds