Skip to main content

HCVCA 50th Anniversary Show and Dine - 23rd & 24th July, Bendigo Victoria.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237696 by Gryphon

Hi,

for some eye candy from the Bendigo Show grounds gathering yesterday, www.hcvc.com.au/gallery/events/hcvca-bendigo-2022

Terry

The images from the Drone have been uploaded and I expect another 80 or so images to be uploaded in the next day or two from one of the photographers walking around.

Terry
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237719 by Morris
Yes there was a fairly good selection of vehicles on display but the organisation left a lot to be desired. After all the hard work Ross and Jean put in, after they had to stand back, it appears that nobody else followed through. President Russ did a good job trying to keep everything running but was limited in what he could do on the day. Dinner at the RSL was cancelled ostensibly because of Covid19 but 36 of us went there in the group I was in, maybe other people from the show went as well. We went to the same venue, at the same time and had the same menu.
As Manuel from Faulty Towers would say - Ke' and to use one of my Daughters horrible Americanisms - Go figure.

The advertised Egg and Bacon breakfast on Sunday was not to be found.

The club has said that the Anniversary dinner will now be held at the Yarra Glen show in November but as I heard a person who did a lot of work towards all preparations for the Anniversary said, we always have a dinner there and all the opportunity to celebrate the Club's fifty years of existence will be lost and none of us will be here after the next fifty years.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 9 months ago #237721 by Gryphon

The advertised Egg and Bacon breakfast on Sunday was not to be found.

They were there on the BBQ in front of Frank M's trailer and there was plenty to go around and a bit of rock melon as well.

Terry

More
1 year 9 months ago #237904 by bparo
When I was first told it was happening I had intended to take the Dodge down for the Saturday display. However when the dates were announced I had already booked a week away to Wagga. Hopefully they announce Yarra Glen to the rest of the world with time for people who don't get The Monitor to make plans

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237915 by Gryphon

Hopefully they announce Yarra Glen to the rest of the world with time for people who don't get The Monitor to make plans

Dates for Yarra Glen is 12/13th November according to the temporary flyer at the last GM.

Unfortunately clashes with Bendigo swap meet on the same weekend, but the dates are set by the YG Race course so horsely people probably don't understand the significance of Bendigo swap. :)

Terry
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

More
1 year 8 months ago #238147 by Gryphon
Hi,

more images of the trucks at this event have been uploaded today. Latest batch of images courtesy of member Andrew Thompson.

www.hcvc.com.au/gallery/events/hcvca-bendigo-2022

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds