Skip to main content

Echuca American Iron 10th/11th September 2022

More
1 year 7 months ago #239014 by asw120
Paul, I'm curious what constitutes "work" for you these days since you stopped growing cane?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239025 by Mrsmackpaul
And from the other side, Greg Wood photo, from Ian Oz

Magnificent, if I close my eyes real tight and just imagine it in brown and beige with a red chassis

Dead sexy

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, kel deutz, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 7 months ago #239027 by cobbadog
I certainly can see you sitting behind the wheel of that one.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239299 by bparo
MrsMackPaul you should have come into the Men's Shed and said Hi. One of my other hats is as secretary of our fledgling model railway club who had a display in the shed to support the truck show. You were also lucky you were there Saturday as I was there both days but the Dodge "Failed to Proceed" sunday morning.

I had picked up the Dodge Friday afternoon and told to come back next week for the bill. Saturday it ran fine.

Sunday morning I had the dodge warming in the carport and moved my wife's car out of the way and thought it sounded quiet as the Dodge had stopped and wouldn't start again. There was plenty of fuel but it wasn't trying to fire. Thinking I may have flooded it I put the model train stuff into my modern van and went back to the truck show. Tried the Dodge again but still no spark.

Monday I went to the mechanic to pay the bill. They asked how it went and I told them. One of the mechanics came around and found the points had closed up. He tightened it and said it should be right but there is some wear in the distributor give it a run tomorrow. Tuesday morning was a repeat of Sunday morning so they came around and checked. The area that holds the points has come lose. After some discussion we are going to an electronic distributer and, given the price of it, I suggest replacing the coil, condensor etc as well as they were in the vehicle when the for the starter motor dropped onto the exhaust and almost started a fire back in December 2020. I have a suspicion they may have got damaged internally then and not noticed.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago #239305 by Mrsmackpaul
You are right Bruce I should of swung into the shed as I like trains, yes I am very different

Your little Dodge sure is a looker, you should be proud as punch driving around in that
Electronic dizzy is the way to go I reckon, reliable and pretty much last for ever

Paul

More
1 year 6 months ago #239970 by hayseed
here you go Missus...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Dave_64, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, kel deutz, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #239990 by Mrsmackpaul
A well done truck, that fellas done a good job

Paul

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
1 year 6 months ago #239991 by cobbadog
Have you made an offer for it yet Paul?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 6 months ago #239993 by Mrsmackpaul
Im waitimh until I'm out of ear shot of Mrs Mack :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Paul