Skip to main content

SteamRail depot & Fire Museum works open Mar 2010

More
14 years 2 months ago #24115 by bparo
If you are looking for something else to do this weekend Steamrail (who preserve and run mainline steam and diesel trains) and the Fire Museum Workshops are open Sunday and Monday this Labour Day weekend.

the Steamrail Poster with the details is available at www.steamrail.com.au/srvtours_files/broc...%20Poster%202010.pdf

I am not a member of the organization but went to one about 4 years ago with friends and it was an enjoyable day out.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #24116 by atkipete
Keen to see that fire truck collection, Roland has seen it and most locals would not have.

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #24117 by
Hi Pete,

Yes I did have a good look around.
If the Fire Trucks are part of the tour, and they have about 80, its well worth a visit.
I didn't see any trains there, mind you I wasn't looking for them.
They don't actually mention the Fire vehicles in their advertising, or on the weblink.

Cheers
RS :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #24118 by Com 35

If you are looking for something else to do this weekend Steamrail (who preserve and run mainline steam and diesel trains) and the Fire Museum Workshops are open Sunday and Monday this Labour Day weekend.

the Steamrail Poster with the details is available at

Dear All,

To avoid any confusion, the Fire Museum Workshops (FSMV) at Newport will NOT be open this weekend for the Steamrail Open Day.

The damage from the deliberately lit fire in November 2009 has not yet been repaired by the building owner and we (the FSMV) considered that it would be inappropriate to open this weekend.

Glenn Cumming.

Com 35 is on scene.

More
14 years 2 months ago #24119 by bparo
Obviously that news hasn't got to the SteamRail volunteers as one of them told my father yesterday the Fire Trucks were open as well - hence the confusion.

Sorry to hear the building hasn't been fixed yet.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds