Skip to main content

Military Vehicle Meet

More
1 year 6 months ago #239926 by Lang
Military Vehicle Meet was created by Lang
Just got home from our annual Military Jeep Club of Qld meeting. Great weekend with around 100 military vehicles. Some excellent runs around the Lockyer Valley.

This was us on the way.

Stopped at a lookout for afternoon tea.

There were even a couple of ring-ins

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, BillyP, cobbadog, wouldyou, eerfree, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Pierre, asw120 and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #239945 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic Military Vehicle Meet
Nice photos Lang,
Just a couple of questions on your afternoon tea photo.
The Camouflage pattern on the CMP vehicle is that a typical OZ Army layout for the period, I know there were various layouts, but I can't say I've seen that before?
Also, & I probably should know this, the yellow bridge vehicle weight sign on the wrecker what is the significance of the two numbers? Does one represent laden & the other unladen?

Pierre

Pierre

More
1 year 6 months ago #239947 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Military Vehicle Meet
Pierre

Correct on both points.

The blitz pattern is early wartime. The system was absolutely hopeless and there were about 10 different patterns designed by wankers during the war. Of course the units did not bother repainting their vehicles every five minutes and photos show groups of vehicles all painted differently. The further from the front the vehicle the more likely they are to carry the latest pattern.

More
1 year 6 months ago #239950 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Military Vehicle Meet
You blokes must either have much MUCH better eyesight than I do, or else know how to manipulate pictures, things that evade me.

By the way, and nothing to do with trucks, of the things I can do well yesterday I found out that Archery is not one of them.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

More
1 year 6 months ago #239960 by Pierre
Hi Morris, just use those two fingers you used to grip the bow string at archery & place them on the picture & slowly move them apart to enlarge the pic y. ;)
Pierre

Pierre

More
1 year 6 months ago #239965 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Military Vehicle Meet

Hi Morris, just use those two fingers you used to grip the bow string at archery & place them on the picture & slowly move them apart to enlarge the pic y. ;)
Pierre

Pierre, I tried your suggestion just now but it does not work for me. I think computers hate me. Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #239971 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Military Vehicle Meet
A couple more photos of Laidley.

We had several groups of re-enactors including Australian Light Horse. There were a couple of girls in the crew. They really got into it with the tent-pegging. A number of runs all 4 managed to squewer the tent-peg. You can see the bloke on the far side with a peg on his lance near the power lines. The white pegs in the foreground set up for the return run are what they are aiming at full gallop.

Here are some of the light vehicles on the runway at Lowood Airstrip. WW2 RAAF Vultee Vengeance dive bomber base but more importantly was turned into a race track which held the 1960 Australian Grand Prix. All covered in fences and cut up into city farmer hobby blocks now.

Here is the story of the Grand Prix - very humorous commentary. I was there as a 13 year old with Stan Jones in his Maybach (My dad was Stan's Melbourne Holden Dealership manager before he bought the Southport Holden dealership in 1959) .

primotipo.com/tag/1960-australian-grand-prix/
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, Pierre, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago #239976 by Pierre
Morris, sorry I was using my i-phone at the time of looking at Langs post.
So, if you are on your computer, it's a different method to enlarge a picture.
I'll send you a how to message via CH44 ;)
Pierre

Pierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #239977 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Military Vehicle Meet
Pierre, If you want to enlarge an Image ?

Right click on image & a drop down Menu will appear.. Click on Open Image in new Tab
Then Hold the Ctrl Button Down (bottom LH corner of keyboard) then;
hit the + button (next to the backspace bar) & image will enlarge! the more you tap the + button the Bigger It Gets..!
The - button (Next to the +) will make It smaller.. !

Hitting the 0 (Zero)Button will return It to Original size..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by hayseed. Reason: Added a Bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds