Skip to main content

Echuca Steam Rally 7/8 June 2008

More
15 years 11 months ago #1655 by bparo
The Echuca Steam Rally is on again at Rotary Park. They only want pre-1959 exhibits unless approved in advance.

Thye rejected my mid 1960's Howard 2000 tractor entry as it was 'too new' and 'took up too much space'. I pointed out the fact that it is around 7 feet long and would be on the back of a truck with a 14 1/2 foot tray so wouldn't take up any extra room they explained that if they let my 'modern tractor' in then they would have to let other people's in as well.

Also the letter that arrived yesterday says that only pre-booked exhibits will be admitted. All others will be asked to park in the public carpark and pay the general admission fee if they wish to enter the event. This means that if my Inter failed to proceed, or, as is more likely the case, I can't get the time off work to get it there on the Friday I can not substitute one of the stationary motors as it won't be allowed in.

Surely making life hard for exhibitors is not going to encourage people to bring things along is it?

Without the exhibits what sort of event do they have? The stationary engines were almost non-existent last year due to people being stuffed around. Maybe they will learn eventually!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #1656 by
Thats what happens when you get a non vehclie club running a event only worried about how many bucks they can make. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :'(

More
15 years 11 months ago #1657 by Ozetruck
Seems like they didnt wake up from what happened last year... I noticed there was a considerable drop in exhibits last year...
No offence or anything but greed is domanating over generousity.

Im going up on sunday. If anyone wants to have a chinwag.

Cheers, Will

More
15 years 11 months ago #1658 by podge66
Thats the best way to reck a event. To prebook to go and noone sees the entry forms. With the cost of fuel and the time and trouble it takes to to get trucks , tractors , engines and equipment to go and be told park in the car park the best thing to do is go to Alexander show Sunday and support the HCVC and fly the Flag to the public. The next thing will be the color of your vehicle. :-X :'( ;D

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #1659 by bparo
I will be there both days look for the Red Menace at this stage
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/2500753485_e439b9c302.jpg?v=0

I will not be bothering to load the tractor. I will post here if plans change

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by bparo.

15 years 11 months ago #1660 by
As the Events person for HCVC i thought it was time to sort out the entry for Echuca.
Bparo gave me the contact number and i had a chat and got the long and the short of it .
Unless you have prebooked thru the entry form so if you want to take your post 1960 truck you must fill out the entry form and wait aproval. You cant turn up with a 1960 + truck on either Sat or Sun, if your truck is pre 1960 you can just turn up on either Sat or Sun and will gain entry.
They got these cut out dates from Shannons but i think they will be reviewed next year.Dave :'(

More
15 years 11 months ago #1661 by Ozetruck
I know this is total different wave length but a very special deisel tractor.... will be making an apperance at the show... ;) :)

Cheers, Will

15 years 11 months ago #1662 by
I have just had the organsier on phone and comfirmed the entry details all TRUCKS must be built before Dec 31 1959 if not no entry if you have filled out a form and you are after the cut out it will be returned to you with a letter explaining and 2 free tickets.Dave

More
15 years 10 months ago #1663 by Ozetruck
Dunno if its a hcvc fella but i spotted a nice Mac (i think) brown with back front quater panels. shaw a black trailer but dunno what was on it.... opposite lake weeroona at a motor inn.

Cheers, Will

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 10 months ago #1664 by Swishy
4 those th@ aint interested in old Atkinsons
take a gander of PARIS @ Nagambie
on u're way (the other optional way via the Goulburn Valley Hwy) to Echuca
U can see sum old 'A' cabs from the Rd thru the fence
Paris has a commercial outlet on the left going into Nagambie heading Nth
cya