Skip to main content

Fire Engines Wanted For Display

More
15 years 9 months ago #2208 by ray
There is a Road Safety Expo to be held at the B.P.Ronald Reserve at Pakenham on the 25th October featuring emergency services vehicles.
The organisers would like to display between 1 and 3 old fire engines. If you have one and would like to display it contact Tracy Cooke on 5945 4322 by August 1st

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2209 by atkipete
The fire brigade museum people should be able to help. That very nice Atkinson / Ergo / Detroit unit is my favourite.

15 years 9 months ago #2210 by
Hi everyone im off to SA tomorrow night to pick up a Butter Box Acco fire truck complete with every thing pump etc.

I hope it goes ok it should its "RED" ;D ;D.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #2211 by kennymopar
what sort of donk has it? if its the v8 petrol your wallet will be a lot lighter by the time youve got it home :o

More
15 years 9 months ago #2212 by SAFirey

Hi everyone im off to SA tomorrow night to pick up a Butter Box Acco fire truck complete with every thing pump etc.

Can you PM me Dave re this

More
15 years 9 months ago #2213 by SAFirey
I have posted the details of this on the firefighters forum Ray, so Tracy should get a few calls. ;)

More
15 years 9 months ago #2214 by atkipete

Have you seen the light at last Dave and got yourself an ACCO ?

More
15 years 9 months ago #2215 by Andy Wright
Pete, if it's the truck that was advertised in ACC then it's Murray's jobby that Ken Whitworth bought.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #2216 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic ACCO fire engine
Yes, I was looking at that one myself but the missus didnt fully understand the need for a fire engine at home. What price can you put on safety. Sounds like it has gone to a good home. Ken did a brilliant job restoring the big AEC then found he couldnt reach the pedals.

15 years 9 months ago #2217 by
Hi every one just home with the Acco and didn't miss a beat young witty drove all the way home and trouble pushing in the the clutch pedal and after about 300 K's found how to move seat forward LOL ;D ;D no worries after that.

She has a six cly petrol motor 4 sp box and sat on avg of 85 k's an hour has few rust spots in her but is a real sound .

By way i dont want anyone to get the wrong here but is parked MY drive way at the moment so i have taken down the pommey flag ;D ;D . Dave

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds