Skip to main content

2010 ATHS American Iron Display

More
13 years 8 months ago #33817 by bparo
September 11 & 12 at Echuca. It is held at Rotary Park at the south end of town, It is for American-Branded Trucks (not British-Macks (or Bedfords as far as I have been told)

That and the fact I am hosting 2 forum members is all I know. The information has been very slow this year although the fact it is on has been in the weekly motoring section of the major Victorian daily rags.

The 1st year they had a gathering on the Friday Night and a dinner on the Saturday Night at a local club. I am not sure if they still do.

Mrs P had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago so if she can get into the Inter this weekend we will take it otherwise it will be either the XP Ute or, if the council have ripped out the crossing from the house to the road and not yet replaced it, the modern car (I don't want to leave one of the oldies in the street to be hit by an out of control driver which we get at night as they attempt to master the S-bends). In any case we will be there for at least one day to support it.

anyone else going?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33818 by bigcam
Hi Bruce, I got a flyer today, I think there is a dinner on a paddle wheeler on Saturday night, I havn't got the flyer here, but I think you need to book that by the 2nd from memory. I wonder how big it will be, being just after Alice? Hopefully it won't affect it. I wouldn't mind going and having a look, looks like I've got till Friday to make up my mind if I want to go on a cruise. How cold is it at the moment? I've just been able to start wearing thongs (on my feet) all day here, so I would assume it's still a bit fresh down there.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33819 by busntruck
There is no info about this on the ATHS web site :o

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

13 years 8 months ago #33820 by
Yeah nothing on the ATHS Australia web site or the ATHS international either!

Very interesting that they appear to be only just sending out flyers a fortnight before the event! And only 2 or 3 days prior to a deadline for the cruse! I would have thought with the potential issue with Alice that they would have started very early!

I'm not a member of the ATHS but do intend to go to this show so would be good to hear more about what is planned! If they have sent more details to the HCVC either recently or otherwise these details certainly have come through to my knowledge!

If anyone from the ATHS or has any more details please let the Forum know.

By the way Bigcam the weather down in Melbourne is wet, wet, wet. Certainly not thong weather more like gumboots! While Echuca is usually a bit nicer than melbourne weather I believe they are also having similar patterns of wet wet wet! [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
13 years 8 months ago #33821 by bparo
Echuca has just had the wettest August since 1973 with almost 3 times its average rainfall.

The thongs and shorts may be a good option if you can stand the cold as they are easy to wash the mud off. ;D

Having said that Rotary Park has plenty of gravel areas to park on (having been set up for a steam rally each June) but I would be careful heading into the grass areas - particularly in the centre of the arena - that was soft in June this year before the recent rains.

One thing last weekend. Walking thought the rural stores etc there was a spring in the step of the locals with the first decent rain in years

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 8 months ago #33822 by Andy Wright
Know what you mean about the spring in the step, Bruce. Same here too.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
13 years 8 months ago #33823 by MrsP
The American Iron Display is definitely going ahead on 11th/12th September. Tickets are available for the Dinner Cruise. Disregard the cut off dates.

13 years 8 months ago #33824 by
I think the reason why there hasnt been much said about the show could be there main GO FOR IT MAN has been sick and so the others have always left it to him to make it happen . Dave :-X

More
13 years 8 months ago #33825 by bparo
actually Dave, at least 2 of them have been crook (including at least one stay in hospital) but I am not sure if the 2 I know if includes the one you know of as the names I have don't include the webmaster.

One I know missed Alice due to being in hospital at short notice but when Mrs P spoke to him was happy to see us at this event no matter what we drove to get there!

More
13 years 8 months ago #33826 by bparo
ok this weekend Mrs P had a look at the inter and said 'Forget it'.

So today we took the XP Ute for a spin to Tooradin to meet dad for Fathers Day ( being the closest place to the 1/2 way point between Glen Waverley and Inverloch (where he lives) where we could actually get a lunch booking). It took about 55 minutes and Mrs P was sore when we got there so 3 - 3.5 hours to Echuca in it is out of the question too. So the modern looks like the way to go as the seats give more support and comfort than the oldies with their bench seats

So it looks like with a visit to the show on the Saturday for a look and a chat so at least we are supporting it in some fashion. Hope to see you there

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds