Skip to main content

DUBBO 2012

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89906 by
Replied by on topic Re: DUBBO 2012
I spotted a model63? up on the back of a trailer with what looks like a scout to keep it company.

Anyone got some better pics of the old Inter.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89907 by
. :D :D ;)

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89908 by
.Dave,I think they shot all the Lorry drivers ;D ;D ;)

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89909 by
Thanks Angle

That the one i was looking for.

Trevor

More
11 years 9 months ago #89910 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: DUBBO 2012
A I thanks for that. Mate, that little Morrie looks very well done. Maybe Mazda rear axles? Thanks for putting it up, Cheers & all the best Tim ;) ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89911 by
G'Day Angle Iron...

Great Pics, thanks.

BEEEOOOTIFUL B61's :)

Cheers
RS :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #89912 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: DUBBO 2012
Dave. There was a tk and a KM beddie there. Flavour of the show is changing and if I didn't know otherwise would be congratulating ATHS on their show. You will be in in safe hands at the Hunter show next year.

• Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89913 by
Yes.... Great pics there Angle and also great meeting up with you.My personal choice for truck of the show was that green Oshkosh,"WHAT A BEAUTY!!!" and how original is that... and yes the first up pic of Mathew Pace's SAR,job well done to Matt a nicely presented rig and also all the Pace families professionally restored Inters there.Great to see..... Cheers James.

More
11 years 9 months ago #89914 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: DUBBO 2012

I spotted a model63? up on the back of a trailer with what looks like a scout to keep it company.

Anyone got some better pics of the old Inter.

Trevor

Hi Trev, you're right, it's a model 63 with an International Travel-All. It was all towed by an R190. I was carting their 35 C30 on the back of mine.

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #89915 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: DUBBO 2012
Hi all

Good work, Angle man.

What a show! Good trucks and great people. I got there at about 1530 Friday arvo, checked in to the motel and then scurried to the curb as something very loud was screaming its way through town. Knighty came flying around the corner in the DT and, after checking in, I accepted a generous offer of a lift to the show (only a couple of blocks away) with Knighty. First time I'd seen Knighty for four years so really good to shake the man by the hand again. Bombed around the site shooting the arrivals and catching up with a few other chaps - Carl Z. (Monty), Rob from VTCM, Phil Dixon, Jarrod fresh from his AB adventure and Bruce - and briefly meeting Vic Pike for the first time after returning Bruce's bird with a partial moon. ;D Had dinner with the Hunter boys Andrew Blacklock (busntruck - another bloke I hadn't seen face-to-face for four years), Paul Campbell and young Carl. How were the girls on Saturday night, Carl?! ;) After dinner we went back to the shed, the Hunter boys tidied up their gear and I chatted to Dave Handley (coupeute) who spreads a lot of $hit... ;D

Pat arrived via T904 at about 2330. I walked up to get him and Terry Lowe was there so we all stood on the side of the road for the next 45 minutes gas-bagging.

Saturday was awesome. It took three hours to make it from the entrance to Paddy Ward's 12-pot KW as we kept bumping into people. I'm going to forget someone so apologies in advance but it was an absolute pleasure to chat/meet with diamontnut and his wife Nerida, Andrew Cass (hayseed), Aaron Fisher (inter mission), Jimbo, Tony Petch, JOTS, Ray Grima (jake Brake), Paul Flanagan and Steve King (mammoth). After dinner, Pat and I wandered around the shed again to get a better look at some of the gear we missed.

Didn't catch Rod Lovell (heycharger) but I hope he sold the B.

Visited Ed Eminson on Sunday morning - one of the greatest people you could ever meet and another I hadn't spoken to for a couple of years - before heading back to the show to, happily, see the Aerodyne had made it. We got as far as the oval and stood around talking with Jimbo, Aaron, Dave and Mark James (oldmatemark) as everyone left started heading home. We were home just before 1900 last night with a lighter fuel tank, lighter pockets, aching bodies but with a skip in our step.

Old trucks are great but they're nothing without the awesome people who love them. Thanks to the Golden Oldies mob for a very good show and congratulations to every one who went and those who couldn't make it but still got the excitement going. I firmly believe the enthusiasm displayed on this forum in the lead-up to the show contributed greatly to its ultimate success.

Photos to follow.

Dave, there were, IIRC, three TKs, one KM (awesome with a trailer) and at least three Js. Add to that a certain magnificently restored Fargo (MMKNJL), a couple of different model Austins and a couple of Commers and that's your Pommy lot. I was disappointed too but there was plenty of other jobs to get excited over. Not a single Albion, Foden, AEC or Leyland etc but that's just the way it goes at times. Swings and roundabouts.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds