Skip to main content

SANDOWN.. - HCVC Display Day 18 Nov - SANDOWN

More
11 years 6 months ago #96317 by TRANSTAR.GM.
The day started a bit wet , but turned into a great
day for all !
:) :) :)

International 4070 & 4200 transtars&&International CO 9670&&International CO 400

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #96318 by Chocs
H.C.V.C. Display Day - Sandown 2012..

Well where did that year go?
It was only last week we were at Sandown 2011! Or so it seemed anyway..

Sandown for me started a little earlier than usual this year.
A few of the blokes wanted some Signwriting done on their trucks and related items,
So that was most enjoyable, its just another part of my passion for these ol bangas.
Not to mention, its a good way to turn paint into food!
As we are all well aware, Signwiters that can actually paint, are getting thinner on the ground....

A few weeks before the Show, i got a message from a bloke in South Australia, he and a mate were heading over this way for a quick tour and a visit to the Sandown Display Day...
Wondered if i was going to be about for a quick visit on the way through...No drama there..
Friday night saw a BBQ and a few fizzy drinks, along with a few

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #96319 by Chocs
H.C.V.C. Display Day - Sandown 2012..

continued.....

On arrival at Sandown, it was evident that the rain was not going to deter anyone from what would be the
31st Annual H.C.V.C. Display day.

A friendly greeting at the gate and a complimentary goodies bag and we are

• Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #96320 by
g'day chocs and thanks for the run down on some of the proceedings and shenanigans that made this show a great event 8-) 8-) 8-).....cheers

More
11 years 6 months ago #96321 by geoffb
Again thank you to the organizers for a great day
Chocs from my seat I did not those Jimmys that you are revering to

More
11 years 6 months ago #96322 by modela2010
Thanks Chocs for the report of the days proceedings. Makes a bloke more sad :'( :'( that I didn't make the effort to get down for the event. Maybe next year?? Should have a truck on the road be then :) :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #96323 by Chocs
No dramas.....i will always write em if you wanna read em..

Wasn't it a great day!
I met so many new people, caught up with some mates from past shows, put a few forum names to some faces..
There was just so many people i wanted to catch up with..
I didn't get time to even do a full round of piccys..

Thanks again for a great show everyone..
How do they just keep getting better and better.. :-/

chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #96324 by
Chocs

Great reporting as usual.

? Lorry were was he hiding would have loved to catch up with him in person, a well maybe next time.

Detective sorry i think i gave you a shirt side at the starting point and then didnt catch up with you, my mind was else were, am cutting up in greenvale tomorrow if i get a chance might call past will be late afternoon.

Trevor

• Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #96325 by

Chocs

Great reporting as usual.

? Lorry were was he hiding would have loved to catch up with him in person, a well maybe next time.

Detective sorry i think i gave you a shirt side at the starting point and then didnt catch up with you, my mind was else were, am cutting up in greenvale tomorrow if i get a chance might call past will be late afternoon.

Trevor

...all good SloSpeed...no great hurry and i'm sure we'll catch up soon enough....cheers mate

More
11 years 6 months ago #96326 by AERODYNE
What a great day, as usual i was running late leaving Sydney we got away at 7.15 pm and didn't stop, the old Aerodyne isn't to good bobtail sore backs all round by the time we got to Sandown . Plan B park truck & trailer outside for early exit 12.30 didn't work to many people to talk to ,it was great,started engine for quick trip home got lost in Melb CBD ,stopped on way home to pick up airshield for Cunning 5 min stop ended up over 1 hour, all went well until we hit the freeway into Sydney the old girl ran out of fuel ,forgot to turn tap on tank on when we were leaving Sandown but it was all worth it ,thanks to the HCVC for putting it on ,thanks to everyone for the Photo's Chappo

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds