More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249803 by Swishy
Forum Problems was created by Swishy
It has been a long time since we were happy the way this forum worked
I think the main problem has been trying to please everybody
It might be better to go back to the forum software that worked
Originally this forum catered for desk top computers
now trying to please others that like to view the forum on a phone or notepad

Sorry Phone and Notebook users think its time to cut to the chase and set the forum to desk top computers
and get the forum back the way it was
and when all is well again U can try and add phone and notebook users

The way this forum is set it has many problems

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249805 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Forum Problems
Swishy

I agree with you.

It has me beat how anybody with eyes over 45 years old and horny fat fingers can use a phone for extensive wriiten communication or lengthy reading.

I suspect the problem stems from the fact our old system reached its use-by and tech-support date if I have my understanding right and we had to change to "something else".

Although everyone has soldiered on and works around the new system it is now a long time since introduction with hundreds (thousands) of views and posts. The honeymoon period is over and it is time to make the bride toe the line or take her back to her mother or we will forever be running out of tomato sauce for our chips while the neighbour's wife produces Chateaubriand followed by Black Forest Gateau

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249806 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Forum Problems
I’m 77 and only use my phone. Haven’t used my laptop for years.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249808 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Forum Problems
But are Lang and Swishy past their 70s?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249810 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Forum Problems
Something to think about I guess

For the forum to survive and grow into the future we need to think about new members coming on board, we need to make the forum easy to use by all

Past, present and future user's

This will no doubt cause some issues of varying degrees as the forum navigates it's way thru these uncharted water's

Anyway, I guess we just need to hang in there and remember it is all meant to be fun

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: grandad

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249811 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Forum Problems
Overnite the problems with the site are all overcomable (is that a word?) but in this day and age there should be NO workarounds on an active forum. There are thousands of forums out there, many obviously using just a few common base systems, that do not require any second guessing by the participants.

I use my phone constantly but no way is a phone capable of the range, ease of use or output of a desktop. You have to scroll through 6-8 screens to see what I am looking at on one screen. I can not see where phone or desktop would have a bearing on what we are talking about and do not believe whatever system you are using alters the discussion on the forum roadbumps

The faults are not life-threatening to the operation just annoying. It must be fixable. How many other sites use our system? Are they getting the same things or are they running 100%. Do we just give up and say "Near enough is good enough?".

It is not making waves or asking for a Rolls Royce on a Corolla budget. It would be nice to be able to drive a perfectly good Corolla without having to reach under the dash on first start of the day and successfully wriggle the blinker wires instead of tightening the connection.
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249812 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Forum Problems
Standard procedure on a Bean Lang . . . ?

As a relative newcomer here it seemed fine as it was, with many complaining of issues that seemed no bother for me (using an old tower type computer).

Yes, I had problems with my new phone, but that was the problem, (along with the operator) not the website. IF I was just coming onto the site now I would take it for what it is, a reasonably easy to use site with plenty of help from those already here.

The people here are what makes this site what it is, and I for one am grateful it exists. Thanks all.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, grandad

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249816 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Forum Problems
For me change is always difficult............
For me the old forum was good...........
For me things are now just difficult to find (or  navigate)............
If the forum is difficult to use , people will just go else where .........Which would be 
a shame as the old forum was one of the best around .............
As i said, this is just for me...........

.................Billy.................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, wee-allis

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249819 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Forum Problems
The best way I find on the new look forum is to scroll down to the bottom and everything is there.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds