Skip to main content

J gallery

More
8 years 6 months ago #163376 by ianoz
J gallery was created by ianoz
Terry , what does this do . I see there are catagories .
Are we able to add photos to it , or does a moderator add what they think is worthy photos in there ?.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163380 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic J gallery
Hi,

The idea is to have a resource of interesting images some of which may be used in Forum post or may have come from a Forum post, and people could look through what interests them without have to go through 100's of posts looking for images or relying on Google Images and the like.

At the moment it is still a work in progress, but when it or something similar is made available you will be able to upload images into the existing Categories or you will be able to have a few Categories of your own to create and manage. The 'something similar' is a another brand of similar Gallery software that I am also playing with that is not visible publicly yet to see which one is going to be the most suitable.

The thinking at the moment is that the Photo Gallery will have pre-defined Categories, such as HCVC Display Day 2015 for example, and then people can upload the Photos they took on the Day and along with information about the vehicle and the owner if they know it. You can see I have played with different ideas for Categories, but the Display Day Gallery is the only one that I could say has been requested and so it needs a bit of further thought and suggestion for what else might be created.

What I think it really needs is to have a person(s) act as the 'Gallery Curator' and they become the manager of the of the whole thing and make up new categories, move images around as required and in general look after things. The Forum Admins and Website Admin have enough going on to keep themselves busy so if someone else is able to put some time in to making sure it doesn't become a dumping ground and it is managed properly it could become a really important part of the whole site.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz

More
8 years 6 months ago #163573 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have put a few images in the J Gallery under the 2012 HCVCA Display Day so you can see the beginings of what is possible for the Gallery.

I am also interested in hearing from a handful of people who would like to give the Gallery a test drive and see how they go uploading images and creating a few categories for events like Alice Springs or other items that interest them.

Terry

More
8 years 6 months ago #163638 by Gryphon
Hi,

Thank you to Marjimmy who offered to try out the Photo Gallery and upload his images from the Alice Springs jaunt.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds