Skip to main content

Speed of photo download

More
8 years 5 months ago #164458 by oldgmc
When I try to look at a photo in a posting with the photo icon it takes for ever to load why ?

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #164459 by geoffb

More
8 years 5 months ago #164461 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Speed of photo download
OldGMC it might be something to do with your computer or internet provider. I get cr@p speed from BigPond especially in the evening when all my neighbours are downloading the Netflix movies for the night. But I haven't noticed photos being particularly slow to download on my machine lately.

Dennis

More
8 years 5 months ago #164462 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Speed of photo download
Hi,
Agree IHScout above.

NOT FLAMING But, I also used to thank the posters on the old forum for their billboard sized multi megapixel photo post too.
It seems the new forum has fixed that problem with its universal re-sizing protocol.

Crap ISP server speed, especially when all the business users are doing their beginning and end of the day business.
Small time private user addresses like us would get bumped or not allowed in the door in favour of their bandwidth demand.

just saying,

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
8 years 5 months ago #164472 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Speed of photo download
Hi,

It would depend on which photos you are seeing problems with as whether this website/Forum has anything to do with it. Photos in the Photo Gallery are stored on the same computer as the Forum so we have some control or place to start looking at why it might be slow but otherwise there are only two or three images you would see through the Forum stored here so it unlikely to be the cause of your problem.

By far the majority of images you see on the Forum are coming from other computers/server like Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook etc. so the slow download are either issues with the size of the image, the server where they are coming from or your Internet connection with your ISP. There is not much we can help you with there.

You could go this this website and do a test of your connection, www.speedtest.net/ and try at different times of the day or night and find out if it get slower in the evenings. Normally 4-11pm is the congested per 24 hours so you may find the speed test highlights a big drop in speed during this time.

If not then the problem is probably with where ever the photo is hosted and there is little you can do about it.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds