Skip to main content

International AB120?

More
14 years 10 months ago #10970 by Recy Mech
G'day all, firstly an introduction. New to the site and living over in the West (don't hold that against me). Now that the plesantry's are over down to business.

I know it's a International and 4x4, as for model well I took a stab at the AB120. The PMG, for those of us old enough to remember used them something similar to the Toyota Landcruiser 'Troopie'.

Any info that can direct me to the model and possible purchase will be greatly apprecieated.

Cheers & beers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #10971 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AB120?
Ironman - The PMG used a lot of Inters over the years, and most of the PMG Inters that I recall were dual cabs. They probably did have AB120's, but I don't recall them specifically.
I do know they used C and D model, 1100, 1200 and 1300's.
You need to put a "wanted" ad in the trucks column of the Sunday Slimes, and in the Quokka .. or just look under "International" in both papers.

I owned a very nice little low kilometre, SWB D1310, that was an ex-Telstra truck, and it was stolen from a yard in Bellevue in 2002. I know the prick who stole it, but neither I nor the Police have ever been able to find it again. I'll post all the details if ya like, so if ya come across it, you can let me know .. >:(

More
14 years 9 months ago #10972 by Recy Mech
Replied by Recy Mech on topic Re: International AB120?
G'day onetrack,

What research I have done so far is that I might have to cast my 'net' further afield and try Africa. There are similar Doge Internationals in the USA slightly different body, but, and this is a big but, they are LHD. Trying to purchase in Oz may prove not difficult but I reckon owners of the Inters will pretty much want to keep them.

I'm looking to use the Inter as a bit of a workhorse. Well the search will continue.

Cheers & Beers

14 years 9 months ago #10973 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AB120?
I used to own a 4x4, AB-120, that I picked up from a farm, as a wreck. I had plans of restoring it, but it was too big a job for me at the time, I was running a fleet of earthmoving machines, and just never had the time. I sold it to a farmer from the Central wheatbelt, who was looking for parts for his, about 1982 or 1983, from memory.
If you place a wanted ad in the Farm Weekly, you'll most likely get replies. I do recall a bloke with a Service Station and shop, up near the top of Greenmount, on the left, just before you get to Mundaring, had a dual cab PMG Inter laying under trees alongside the servo, way back in the early '90's.

More
14 years 9 months ago #10974 by Recy Mech
Replied by Recy Mech on topic Re: International AB120?
Hmmm...didn't think of the Farm Weekly. When I get back to Perth I might place an Ad. No doubt any Inter's for sale will be fairly 'tired', well it is a long term project. Thanks for the advice onetrack.

Cheers all.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds